Chapter 4: His Return

It's been two days since the encounter with the Water Pillar. After leaving, I went back home where the children were. Once I asked Aina to set up that teleporting spot, she got up and left to set it up immediately. She never fails to surprise me when she does what I ask as soon as possible.

Such a wonderful child.

Today there is a cloudy sky, and the wind is enjoyable. It makes me feel at ease. I had just finished eating breakfast with the children when I started feeling slightly dizzy. It took me a second to realize what was happening when I looked down at my feet. Confirming my thoughts, my feet were fading.

I stood up from my chair, grabbing the children's attention. "It seems that the Water Pillar needs my assistance. I will see you all soon. Sayonara!" I say, waving as my hand also starts fading. They all smile at me and wave back.

My eyes open again when I feel the wind from outside. The Water Pillar stares at me in shock as I wave at him. "Ohayo!" I say as I sit on a nearby log. He seems to finally snap out of it as he nods at me. "I have a couple of questions for you." He says sitting next to me with a little distance.

Nodding at him to continue, I turn to face him. "How do you gain energy and strength if you don't feed off of humans?" He asks, looking me in the eyes. "Well, at first, I use to stay in this cave, away from humans. I was afraid that I would hurt them. So I worked on building up my resistance to humans and fed off of animals. After about a month, I got so tired that I passed out in the woods. When I woke up, I didn't feel hungry at all, so I decided to go to a village and tested it out. When I got to the village, everyone was so kind to me, and I didn't have any urges so I stayed there for a little while. I learned that I could also eat human food while I was there. It just doesn't have as much of a taste as it did when I was human. So that helps too." I answered, being as honest as I can.

He nodded at me and prepared another question. "That Demon Blood Art. You said you knew a demon that had it. Do they also not feed off of humans?" Nodding I replied, "Yes, all the demons I know personally do not feed off humans. The demon that set this up, her name is Aina. Well, maybe I should've waited to tell you her name so she could introduce herself. Oh well, you can still meet the others. Most of them are under my care. They view me as their leader, but I try to get them to be independent." He once again nods at my answer, gripping his haori loosely. 

Sweat dropping at my long answers, I ask, "Am I ranting too much, it's become a habit a few years ago. If it bother's you I'll refrain from-" 

"It doesn't bother me." He interrupts, looking at me before looking away. It stays silent for a minute or two before he asks another question. "What happened with you and your son?"

My head snaps in his direction at the unexpected question. He stares at me, studying my reaction. Forcing myself to calm down, I answer his question. "My home was attacked by Muzan. I don't know how, but I managed to cut him before I passed out. He was either impressed by my potential or the blood fell into my injuries. Either way, I found my son in the closet when I woke up the next day as a demon and rushed him out of there. I gave him to one of my neighbors and left. I've been trying to find a way to keep him safe with me ever since." As I notice my shaking hands, I grip onto my (F/C) haori and avoid eye contact.

"I don't even think he remembers me. He was so young." I laugh slightly, void of any humor. "I'll make sure I make it up to him when I see him." It stays silent for a while, not an awkward one, but a much needed one. It feels like he's trying to comfort me in silence, though I'm not sure why. 

"Tomioka Giyuu." He said suddenly. I give him a confused look. "My name. It's Tomioka Giyuu. You can call me Giyuu." His voice is still monotone, but it's not cold. Not like it was at first, but it makes me feel weird. It seems unfit for the situation. But maybe I'm just use too having demon slayer reply to me with an unwelcoming tone.

I smile at him and nod. "It's nice to meet you Giyuu. You're different." He looks at me questionably. I open my mouth to reply, only to be greeted with the dizzy feeling again. Looking at my feet, I confirm that I'm being teleported back.

This must be important for Aina to suddenly teleport me.

When I stand, he also stands, noticing my feet fading. "I apologize. It seems like Aina needs me. Until next time. Sayonara." I say, waving. He waves back and starts to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lady (Y/N), some demon knows about your son! They tried attacking him!" Aina yells in panic. I freeze for a moment, staring at her in shock and fear. "Wh-What? How?"

"I don't know. The demon who attacked was a former lowermoon, which means that-"

"-Muzan knows as well." Sakura finishes for her. She's sitting in a chair, fiddling with her haori anxiously. Pacing back and forth, I think about who else could know about my son. I've told my children, Lady Tamayo, Yushiro, Tanjiro, and Giyuu who probably told his Kageya-sama. The Demon Slayer Corps have a strict law against working with demons, so it can't be them. Plus, I just told Giyuu that I have a son, not who it is. Lady Tamayo and Yushiro have known about him since before I was even a demon, so it isn't them(not like I suspected them anyways). Then last is my children, who I trust with my and my son's life.

So who could it be?

There's no one else who could know about him. If Muzan knew about him before, Zenitsu wouldn't even be alive. Thinking about it some more, I try to remember anything that could lead to something. That's when I realize, the person who has been there in the very beginning.

"No. Oh no no no no no no no! That can't be it, it must be somebody else. Why would he- How could he-?" I mutter with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and misery.

"What? What's wrong?" Sakura asks, getting up and grabbing onto my hands. Aina falls silent, looking at me in concern.

"There's only one other person who could be behind this." I answer. If she wasn't holding my hands, she would be able to see the my hands shaking. 

The room falls silent as they wait for me to continue.

"My son's father. Akio."