Chapter Two, Fresh Start

Chapter Two, A Fresh Start

Dahlia woke with a soft groan as the sun shone on her face through the minute gap in her curtains. Groggily she looked up and found her father, Sirius in his Padfoot form, curled up fast asleep on her bed. She was confused for all but a moment until the nightmares of the previous night hit her, causing Dahlia to groan despondently, running a hand through Padfoot's black shaggy fur to calm and centre herself as she looked around her beautiful room. Like the rest of the room it was styled in a Georgian-Victorian but modern style but her room also had a touch of French elegance that she knew Zoe, Alice and Rosie had decorated.

The walls were a light blue panelled walls with a white border, the curtains over the large bay windows were a peach colour to match the curtain hanging around the Queen size four poster bed, the wood stained a nice olive colour that went well with the light green cushions on the bed and the bench at the foot of the bed. The floor was a shiny mahogany laminate flooring that matched the doors and the bedside table, a large fluffy white rug took up most of the room. A black chandelier hung from the middle of the ceiling, white wall scones sat on either side of her bed. On the right hand side of the bed just before the door to the bathroom was a off-white French side table standing in front of a gold gilded mirror with a lamp on top.

The bathroom door was behind the bed, her closet door on the other side of the bed, the windows with a window seat on the left hand side of the room and the door to the hallway was at the front of the room near her white sofa and armchair, and a small, an oak bookcase holding her non-school related reading material, soft baby blue rug which sat in front of a silver fireplace).  The bathroom was decorated in whites, creams and soft greys. The floor was a white and grey diamond shaped marble tile, the walls a crisp, fresh white and cream blinds over the large windows that overlooked the vast grounds. Large off white cupboards holding a white marble sink took you most of the north-facing wall surrounded by a large mirror with silver wall sconces. A vase holding fresh pink roses from the garden stood on one side of the sink, on the other was a bottle of hand soap and a bottle moisturiser, a bottle of mouthwash and a holder holding a toothbrush and toothpaste.