Chapter Six, Back to Hogwarts

The rest of the holidays seemed to fly by as if someone had used an adjusted Time Turner to fast forward time. Before she knew it Dahlia had attended the trial of Dumbledore, claimed the Elder wand that belonged to her family and was rightfully hers, and charged both Dumbledore and Grindelwald for not only stealing her wand from Hadrian Peverell (who Grindlewald had killed) but also used her family crest for their own nefarious means; her new and third wand was in a new holster hidden in her boots; she had gone on many courting dates with Jasper with someone accompanying them; spent time with Luna and Neville (Ron was grounded for pranking Ginny, and Hermione had gone and had on holiday; now however, was September 1st and she was being woken up at early hours of the morning.

During the last month Dahlia had continued to become better and stronger as the number of potions she had to consume daily had dropped down from eight different types (four high dosage nerve regenerator potions and four high dosage pain potions) to six which they were all incredibly proud of her for. As always she suffered greatly in the morning and late at night, with only a few attacks during the day, so she was incredibly grateful that Rosalie and Zoë had helped her pack her trunk the night before.

She hated having to leave everyone, but she would see her Dad and Papa at Hogwarts as Sirius was the new History of Magic teacher, as McGonagall who was now Headmistress was revamping the school. Slowly bringing back classes Dumbledore had gotten rid of and easing the workload of the teachers (which she knew from experience, that two and even three roles prevented them from helping the students aptly and caused undue stress).

So as a start, she had brought Remus in as Head of Gryffindor House; Oliver Trisk (a graduate from Ilvermorny and a dear friend of her late husband) as Deputy Head; Paul Sprout (Ponoma's younger brother) as Head of Hufflepuff as Pomona wanted to only teach Herbology; Briar-Rose Tuckley as the Head of Ravenclaw and Choir Instructor as Fillius had recommended his previous student for his old positions as he wished to remain the Charms Professor but wanted to restart the Duelling club now that he would have more time. However, Severus Snape was not at all keen on this new approach to the school. But Minerva McGonagall was nothing if not determined to improve the life of her teachers and the school; so it was not a laughing stock amongst the rest of the Wizarding World.

"Ready Cub?" Remus asked, once Dahlia had finished her breakfast and potions, pulling everyone out of their thoughts of the changes that had been made over the summer.
"Ready." Dahlia confirmed, easing herself up with a sad look at everyone around the table: her family.
"Why so glum, munchkin?" Emmett asked teasingly. "We're all seeing you off. Did you really think this would be the last time we saw you until Yule? At least Jasper gets to see you on Hogsmeade visits!" Emmett grumbled, pouting as he crossed his muscular arms across his broad chest.
"Emmett, you do know that at least one of you will have to be chaperone right?" Jasper asked as if speaking to a child, a very slow child at that.

"Ohhhh!" Emmett exclaimed, jumping like a Jack rabbit with sudden renewed energy causing Rosalie to groan and shake her head at her childish husband, as she wondered what she'd done to deserve this? But everyone in the room knew that Rosalie didn't mean it as she in actual fact loved Emmett with every ounce of her being and the pair would be lost without the other. Much like all of them actually, as Dahlia and Jasper were quickly following in their footsteps.
"Come on." Carlisle laughed, handing Remus the Portkey for them all - so it could be activated, when Alice suddenly went into a quick and sudden vision.
"What was it Alley?" Zoë asked, clasping Alice's small hand comfortingly within her own. Casting a wary glance over at Sirius, Remus and Dahlia, which caused everyone to tense as they knew whatever it was, involved the three wixens of their family and would likely happen at Hogwarts.

"That toad-like woman, dressed in luminous pink of different shades, she's at Hogwarts as the Defence teacher. Minerva had no choice as the Ministry removed her choice of Professor and placed that woman in their place." Alice revealed hesitantly.
"She's there because of the trial isn't she?" Dahlia asked angrily, her magic crackling around her, even with Jasper taking her into his arms comfortingly as he offered soothing words and a kiss to her forehead.

"Everything is going to be alright, darlin'. After I see you off on the train. I'll get in contact with Carmen and Andy and we'll send a letter to the ICW. I'll even contact Peter and Char. This won't continue, I promise." Jasper swore with such conviction that Dahlia couldn't help but believe him.
"Okay." Dahlia whispered, kissing his cheek just as the Portkey took them all to Platform nine and three-quarters to see what hell the Ministry had unleashed now.

" Dahlia whispered, kissing his cheek just as the Portkey took them all to Platform nine and three-quarters to see what hell the Ministry had unleashed now