Chapter Five, Brought before the Wizengamot

The day of the trial, August 5th, had finally arrived. An anxious air had developed over Black Manor since the dreadful letter that followed the disastrous events in Diagon Alley involving Sirius and Dahlia's run in with two Dementors.

"Sweetheart." Sirius whispered softly, trying to rouse Dahlia from the clutches of Morpheus. Alice had foreseen that Fudge would change the time of the trial from ten-thirty to eight-thirty in the morning so Sirius was trying to rouse his daughter from sleep at four in the morning as she was not a morning person; but then neither was he, and wouldn't be up himself if it wasn't for Remus. "It's time to wake up." He added when Dahlia's eyes fluttered open. "Morning sweetheart. I know I'm sorry you have to get up early." He apologised as Dahlia groaned awake rubbing her eyes.

"Not your fault Daddy." Dahlia mumbled tiredly, pushing herself up with trembling arms. "Urgh!! I want this to stop!" She burst out agitated when it took her five minutes to get her body under control and the trembles to subside slightly. She was always stiffer in the mornings from being in one position while she slept that it took even longer for the trembles to subside as her muscles exerted themselves.

"It will, Bambi. By the time it's time for Hogwarts they'll either be gone or you'll hardly notice them. I'm sorry we haven't had time to go to Diagon and get your new wand but I promise after the trial we'll head this afternoon and complete all your school shopping while we're at it as the letter came yesterday." Sirius apologised brushing his hand through her red locks.

"No, don't apologise Dad. You, Papa, Carlisle and Esme have been working nonstop with Aunt Andy and Carmen Denali to stop this. Can you do my First Rite after my bath, please?" Dahlia asked shyly.

"Of course my sweet girl." Sirius agreed, a beaming smile on his face. He loved that bonding time with his daughter when it was just them, their magic and Mother Magic. And he always felt so privileged that he got to take part in this aspect of his daughter's life. "We better get you into the bathroom then. I'll wait in here for you once you've bathed and dressed." Sirius added, they'd arrived at the bathroom door where Dobby was waiting to take over helping his Mistress get ready to face the horrid people in the Ministry.