Chapter 1: The Dream

Rimmer sat at the table in the centre of his And Lister's bunk, revising for his upcoming astronavigation exam, he read through the notes he had attempted to write in his notebook when Lister walked through the door singing obnoxiously loud.

"Lister can you not destroy my eardrums, I'm trying to revise" Rimmer said with an annoyed tone in his voice as usual "besides you don't sound good, in fact it sounds like a dog with a throat infection barking at a knock at the door" Rimmer expected some kind of witty comeback or for Lister to call him a smeg head but he heard nothing. Instead Rimmer felt to hands wrap under his arms and rest at his chest.

"Um, Lister. What are you doing?" Rimmer said his voice shaking at the ends, Lister rested his head on his shoulder and Rimmer felt his warm breaths on his neck, sending shivers throughout his body "Lister, please tell me what you're doing-" before Rimmer could finish, Lister began placing kisses along the side of his neck and nipping at the skin, Rimmer's breaths began shaking and he let out small very quiet groans.

"Lister... I..."

Rimmer jolted awake

He stared blankly at the end of his bunk, his mind replaying his dream over and over again, his brown curly hair was messy and unkept clearly showing how much he was moving about in his sleep which he rarely ever did. Rimmer glanced around the room and slowly got up from his bunk, his eyes still open and fixated forward, once he was standing he turned to where he hoped Lister was sleeping.

There he was. drool dripping from his mouth and quietly snoring as he lay there fast asleep, Rimmer noted in his mind how, despite the drool and obvious curry stains on his shirt, Lister looked peaceful and possibly attractive when he slept. At least he did think this before neglecting the thought completely and biting hard on his knuckle.

'No NO. Arn, stop it, you are not going to think this about lister'

Rimmer stood there for a while longer before heading out the door to head to arguably his favourite place on the entire ship, the observation dome. Rimmer always went to the observation dome whenever he needed some space to think, something about the darkness of space and the blinking stars surrounding him gave him a sense of peace, and after that little subconscious nightmare he just had, the one thing he needed most was to think.

After walking the ships halls for what seemed like to him hours, Rimmer finally arrived at the observation dome. He stood there, back straightened looking up at the view or lack there of. His voice seemed as if it was unable to operate after that dream, it seemed as if his throat had closed up and his brain couldn't form the proper words but after a while he was able to find his voice again.

"What in the name of smeg was that?" He said almost yelling into the black void of space "seriously what the hell?"

'Why Listed eh? Could've been anyone that my head decided to give me a dream about, but it decided to go with lister' Rimmer thought things over in his 'head' as he intended 'I mean, it's not like I haven't noticed things about him. He's not exactly terrible to look at, and his eyes. God his eyes are gorgeous, they're just so big and beautiful I could just drown in-' Rimmer's train of thought stopped, he felt his face becoming warm. He sighed a deep long sigh "probably nothing" he said out loud "probably just something wrong with my light bee again"

He stayed at the observation dome for a while longer before heading back down the stairs and the hall to his bunk. Rimmer must have been gone longer than he thought because when he reached the dorm, Lister was already up and sitting at the table talking to cat.
"Hey smeg head, when I woke up you were already gone. Where ya been?" Lister said looking up at him with those big brown eyes.

Rimmer stared for a moment "none of your business"

Yeah...probably nothing