Chapter 4: Why So Blue? Part 2

The cat screeched down the hall way, his feet swiftly moving across the round. "Owww, i have never looked so good, I'm looking so fine, all the lady cats are gonna want this cat. Owwwww" he screeched once more.

He continued his way down and came to a corner, as he turned Rimmer was there and barley stopped himself from crashing into the cat and knocking them both to the floor. "Hey careful goalpost head! You could've creased my suit" Cat then began frantically looking over his arms to see if the hologram had, god forbid, creased his suit. "Shut up, you stupid Cat" Rimmer said pointing a finger, inches away from his face "unlike you, some of us actually have important things to do, so if you could kindly move out of my way, I would like to continue my revision. Ok? You goit" Rimmer stormed past the cat, tutting his teeth and giving him a harsh side glance.

"Man, what's spitting in his food!" Cat continued down the hall, still screeching as he did before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Shit shit shit'

Lister walked down the corridor in a severe state of panic, he felt more embarrassed than he had ever been, more embarrassed than the time Harold Wilkins pulled his trousers down in front of his crush in his first year of Secondary school. The fact that Rimmer had seen that dream, out of all of them, he saw that one, made his face flush out of pure shame.

"Owwwww"

Lister looked up to see the cat at the end of the corridor, screeching and dancing his way towards him. "Oh hey Monkey" he said, coming to a halt, he stood there with a stance that looked kind of looked like he was striking a pose "hey. Why you looking so blue for bud?" Lister looked at him with shock in his eyes "Cat, are you actually concerned about how Someone else is feeling" Lister said, a twinge of hope sneaking onto his face. Cat scoffed "Ha. Of course not Monkey. But you're looking so down it's making me feel worn out, and I don't want it making any physical traces on my beautiful face" Cat smiled at Lister. Well, at least The Cat was normal.

"Go on, bud. It was not a no answer question" Cat shifted his legs and raised an eyebrow at him. "Nothing it's just" Lister paused, he never actually told anyone about the dream, at least not what happened in it, and was debating weather he should now "Rimmer" he finished his sentence, figuring nothing was worse than Rimmer knowing about that dream, so he may as well get it over with. "Goalpost head? Hey man, I get like that too, you can only tolerate him for a while before all six of your nipples want to leave your body" Lister stared at him, every time he mentioned 'his six nipples' he squirmed.

"No cat listen. Do you remember when Rimmer left to be Ace?" lister said trying to get the image of Cat's six nipples out of his head "Ha. How could I forget? it was the third greatest time of my life, I miss him not being here". "Right. Well I had a dream about him shortly after he left and it made me go all sappy and start missing the smegger". Cat said nothing, which was rare, normally Cat had something to say about everything "you remember right? I mean I called you 'Rimmer' I missed him that much. And I guess I thought I could forget about that dream and hope no one would see it, but while we were away Rimmer looked at the dream recorder and he found it. So I guess I'm just embarrassed because now he's probably overthinking things, I mean I don't blame because I did dream about snogging him, but sti-" Lister wanted to keep rambling on but couldn't when Cat cut him off "WHAT?!" Cat practically screamed, which struck both lister and cat by surprise, but not as much as the brand new information that Lister dreamt about snogging Rimmer.

"You dreamt about snogging Rimmer" Cat said, confused as to why Lister would dream such a thing, and certainly tell him. Lister felt embarrassed again, he hadn't intended to tell Cat that part of the dream but he was so caught up in his rambling he hadn't thought about what he was saying, or rather who he was saying it to "Come in Cat, I-it's not that big a deal" Lister stuttered, unable to believe his own excuse "not that big a deal? You dreaming about tying your tongue with Goalpost heads seems like a big deal to this cat"

"Ugh, I knew you would do this, it's exactly why i didn't tell you" Lister pushed past Cat, and Cat looked down in horror as he saw a crease. "Hey you creased my suit!" He yelled after Lister before pulling out an iron and flattening the crease "Where you going monkey?" Cat yelled loudly because of the space now between the two, he didn't run after him, he figured he shouldn't risk tuning his suit  with more creases just because Lister was a bit touchy "I'm finding Rimmer!" Lister yelled back.

Lister was embarrassed, truly embarrassed, but he figured that seeing Rimmer now and explaining that the dream didn't mean anything important and was just a result of him missing him was probably his best option, even if Rimmer wanted to be left alone. So he made his way along the corridor and headed for the bunk they both shared, so he could explain everything to the hologram. But Lister needed to decide if the dream truly did mean nothing, because maybe saying that to Rimmer would make this whole situation even worse.