29 - He Said What?!

A/N: im not going to even write abt the match at this point i kinda just want to end the story and not write matches

The next day I was woken up early by Kiyoko and Yachi. Apparently we needed to get headed to the gym, even though our game was later in the day.

"We can go out for breakfast but the boys have to leave now." They explained to me, who was pretty stupid.

I got dressed quickly and followed them outside, past the boys who were packing their bags. 

"So where should we go?" I asked, still half asleep.

"I kinda want crepes today, but we don't have enough time to go to Harajuku. Maybe we can find a local diner." Kiyoko suggested.

"Sure, that sounds like a good idea!" Yachi agreed, starting to talk more to the two of us. 

"Ok." I added. 

To be honest, I wasn't full in the head today. I was still pondering what Sakusa was going to ask me later.

Was he going to.....

No he wouldn't.

He definitely wouldn't.

Right?

~*~*~

After a quick meal of crepes and fruit at a local restaurant, we headed to the gymnasium, since the boys were already there.

"Come on y'all, first match of nationals, you got this!" I help lighten the mood to the pale looking team.

"Than-thanks Y/n, but i think i'm about to barf." Asahi turns around and runs to the bathroom, followed by Yamaguchi and Hinata.

I laugh at the three, who are always nervous before games.

"Come on Karasuno!!!" I shout, before leaving to go to the stands with Yachi.

~*~*~

The game was short - a win for us in 2 sets. The team - Tsubakihara - wasn't all easy to defeat however. From a vicious ace to a high underhand serve, it was a risky match. But they made it! And now I was going to meet up with Sakusa. My heart was racing.

I wait in front of the gym, wearing a light sweater and scarf. Even though it was summer, it got cold at night.

5 minutes

10 minutes.

After nearly 15 minutes he finally showed up.

"Sorry. Our match went to three sets." Sakusa mumbled, the mask muffling his voice - as usual.

"It's fine. So, what do you want to do?"

He hesitates before gently grabbing a hold of my arm. I feel my face getting red.

"Come on." Sakusa gives me no leads on where we were going, before he walks away with me, still confused.

~*~*~

We stop on a hill filled with daisies. The night sky was clear, the stars shining around us.

"Wow Kiyoomi, this is beautiful." I look around in awe.

"Not as beautiful as y..." I couldn't hear what he last said but it almost sounded as if....

"So...what did you want to talk about?"

Sakusa takes a deep breath before looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Y/N... in the past few weeks I've gotten to know you very well. And no matter how annoying, how stupid you are, I always come back to finding myself caring for you. You're important to me, you were basically my first real friend. Now I've been thinking..."

"Kiyoomi?"

"I don't want to be just friends anymore Y/N.. I- I love you."

A/N: dun dun dun