Chapter 4- Oakland

Meanwhile in the Court House

"And you sure she's went into the woods?" The council member of the blue division asks dubiously.

"Yes I'm sure. I've already checked every place that she could be at, the last place she would go to would be Mt. Ebott's forest." Petunia explains with a strained voice, throat incredibly sore from her screaming for hours on end.

The blue council member turns silently at the other's at the high table.

All the council members had their faces shadowed, making it impossible for Petunia to see their thoughts on the matter. Making her slightly anxious on their decision.

"If what you say is true we certainly have a problem in our hands. As a head mage of her unit in the green division, loosing would be a great loss. We need to find her." The council member of the green division says solemnly.

"She has saved many of my soldiers with her revolutionary healing items. For her to go missing would cause a huge strain on my division's morality. I agree with green, we need to find her." The council member of the orange division clench their fist, clearly unhappy with this predicament.

"According to my calculations, we will be seeing a huge loss in the effectiveness of our army with one of our major producers in high quality healing items gone. We will face even more injured mages if we don't find her. I vote for a small platoon to search for her." The council member of the purple division says logically.

Petunia gives a grateful smile as she looks at them as she waits hopefully for one more council member to voice their support in searching for Kimora.

"My division won't concentrate properly with an innocent life on the line. Especially if she's lost in Monster territory. I also vote for it." Janesh inputs, his leg bouncing in place, slightly moving his yellow cloak.

"Hm..." Everyone in the building turns to look at the councilor don with a burgundy cloak.

This was the head council member, though their was a majority that voted for a search. It was his decision that would seal Kimora's fate.

"It seems that Kimora is a highly valuable mage. To loose her would be unwise on our part. However..." The red council member says, softly tapping on the wooden desk in thought.

Petunia swallows dryly as she waits on his words anxiously.

"-it is much too late to send platoon to search. We will send them on the first ray of light. You are dismissed Mrs. Farr." The head councilor nods.

Petunia lets out a shaky sigh of relief.

"Thank you for your time. May the ancestor's watch over you." She lowers her head in respect.

"May the ancestor's watch over you." The council members voices overlap each other, causing an eerie sound.

Petunia slightly shivers as she rises her head, nodding to each member respectively before she turns to walk back to the wooden gates.

Narrowing her eyes in her peripheral vision at the one sitting in the yellow seat before looking in front of her as she keeps her head high.

Purple cloak swaying with her steps as she pushes the tall wooden gate doors.

Taking a soft intake of breath, she is welcomed with the sight of a dozen scattered stars in the night sky.

She nods to the guards at the gate as she briskly walks towards her family's house. Still too worked up to face her husband.

"Don't worry my daughter, help is on the way. Just please hang in there." Petunia smiles weakly, taking a brief stop in her journey to looks towards the forest.