Chapter 5- Carly's

Kimora blinks as she fights back a yawn, faintly wondering why Shard decided to wake her up at these unholy hours.

The sun is still covered by the trees for spirits sake. Couldn't you give a lady more sleep?

"I'm assuming you had a marvelous rest last night?" Shard grins, looking especially charming in his casual blue vest donned over a white rolled sleeve shirt, complete with white pants with a brown belt tied around his waist.

Rest? What rest? I was awake until midnight I'm sure. She thinks distastefully as they walk out of the Inn.

"Yes, though I would have a better rest if I didn't have my thoughts keeping me up so late." Kimora says with a light tone, covering up what she's truly feeling inside.

"Ah yes, with great minds like ours, we are unfortunately cursed with the constant rambling of our thoughts." Shard hums as he nods, sympathetic to Kimora's plight.

They continue to walk at a comfortable pace as the sounds of the bustling town accompany them.

"May I ask where we will be eating?" Kimora asks curiously.

"You may, however I will not say. I would prefer to surprise you." Shard gives her a playful smirk.

Hm, it seems that I have gotten a mischievous cat as a friend.

"Hopefully this surprise is a welcomed one, yes?" Kimora says teasingly.

"Oh hush." Shard elbows her slightly.

Kimora giggles, enjoying the rather playful banter they're having.

It reminded her of the times she and Janesh would-

Kimora closes her eyes as she lets out a quiet wistful sigh.

No don't think about it, not right now when Shard is trying to give you a good time.

Kimora opens her eyes again as she continues to walk by Shard. Briefly wondering what they'll do today.

***

Kimora and Shard have come to a small establishment called Carly where they serve the best food in Oakland according to Shard.

Kimora was a bit weary about the place, even with the pleasant aroma, she was hesitant to try any of the food being served.

She didn't know what these monsters used in their food. For all she knew, monsters could eat things that might be considered poisonous for humans.

However she didn't want to seem suspicious to Shard who was intensely watching her with those orange eyes.

And so with a deep breath she took the spoon from the white ceramic bowl and closed her eyes as she shoved it in her mouth.

What Kimora did not expect was the variety of flavor that she has never tasted before to flood her tongue.

Kimora didn't even wait the amount of time according to protocol to check for poisons as she eagerly shoved another spoon of the wondrous dish in her mouth.

And she took another. And another. Until the whole bowl was quickly left empty.

Kimora stares at her empty bowl for a moment, before quickly dabbing her lips dry from the juices of the soup that had somehow dribbled down her chin with a handkerchief.

Neck flushed in embarrassment at her rather unsightly demeanor, she quickly asks a question.

"What did you say this was called again?" Kimora asks calmly, as if she didn't just stuff herself like a feral beast a few seconds ago.