Chapter 3- Then She Was Found

Petunia, sits thoughtfully on a wooden bench overlooking a small pond with a variety of flora terraformed by the green mages. Dragonflies and brightly colored butterflies filled the area, making a gorgeous scene as the natural sunlight bounce off their wings, complementing beautifully with the variations of flowers.

Okay so she isn't in the Garden, or helping in the healing ward. She isn't at her usual hiding spots either. Which only leaves...

Petunia glances at the ominously darkening forest.

"Oh no. Please no." She mumbles to herself as she hastily sprints into the forest.

Not caring about the loud noises she was making in her race against time.

"Kim! Kimora! Where are you?" She cups her mouth as she yells.

Petunia stops as she closes her eyes, straining to listen for any tell-tale signs of Kimora's voice.

Hearing nothing, she quickly starts to run again, screaming out for Kimora in desperation as the sky quickly darkens overhead.

***

"Crunch Crunch. Snap!"

Kimora wakes up with a start, eyes blinking slowly as she sees gray paws. Slowly she starts to look up, breath catching in her throat as she starts to recognize what she was seeing.

A bipedal monster covered from head to toe with flint gray fur with tall cat-like ears accompanied by a long slender tail, dark orange eyes with a face of a mountain lion, with sharp thin fangs that protrude out of its top lip as it starts to open its maw.

It was at that moment that Kimora was reminded about the scary bedtime stories her mother used to tell her when she was a child. That if you were a bad child the monsters from the forest would come over the village in the middle of the night and drag you into the trees. And no matter how much you screamed, no matter how much you struggled, the monster's magic made it so that no one could hear you. And then when the monster goes past the village's boundary they would devour the naughty children alive. 

Suddenly she feels like a kid again as she hears her heart thundering loudly in her ears as she sits frozen on the ground.

Midnight claws flash in front of her face, ones that can easily tear through flesh. 

The monster has come for the naughty child.

And that child is me.

Kimora starts to hysterically kick the ground, quickly sliding up the bark of the oak tree she was leaning against, mouth opening as she lets out a scream. The Monster shushes her desperately, covering her mouth quickly with both paws as he looks around. Kimora looks down at the paws covering her face, eyeing the rather dangerous claws that glinted menacingly in the filtering light.

And they were pressing against her cheek.

This only makes her even more frantic as she tries to push the monster away.

"Sh sh sh SH. It's okay, it's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise. Just please don't scream, we're too close to the border and any scream would have them running here. And then we'll both be dead. Understand?" The monster whispers to her frantically, its cat-like ears pinned against its head.

Kimora temporarily stops her struggling as she looks at the Monster in confusion. What?

"I'm going to uncover your mouth now. Please don't scream." The Monster pleads as it slowly takes its paws off her mouth. Kimora continues to stare at the Monster, body tense as she waits for the Monster's next move.