5

"What happened?" Magnus' eyes were wide when Simon and I dragged Luke into his living room, Clary rushing alongside us. "What's going on?"

"What's going on is Luke's bleeding all over my new jacket after stealing my kill and becoming leader of the damn wolf pack." My teeth were gritted and I forcefully pulled him when more of his weight laid on me. "And if I can't get this out, I'm going to kill him myself—"

Simon shot a look of disbelief in my direction. "Seriously-? He was attacked!"

"Yes, seriously." My head snapped toward him. "I really love this jacket."

"He needs a warlock." Clary cut the both of us off. "He needs you."

"Put him here." Magnus grabbed a white sheet and laid it over his leather couches before Simon and I tugged him towards it and laid him down.

"Where are you? I can't find you." Luke murmured for the hundredth time and I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Jocelyn!"

"No, Luke, it's Clary." Clary grabbed onto his hand and desperately tried to get his attention. "Can you hear me?"

"Clary, listen to me." His gaze fell on her, unfocused. "Listen, you have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case—"

Clary stops him. "No, don't even say it, don't."

"No, you need to know!" Luke raises his voice.

"Need to know what?" I snapped out of frustration. "Spit it out already."

Luke begins. "Listen-"

"Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus asked.

Simon looks up. "Yeah, why?"

"Three, two, one-" Magnus counted down and Luke shot up from the couch with a growl. His eyes glowed bright green and his body shook, his growls getting louder with every moment. Magnus rushed into another room and then returned with something in his hands, placing a piece of bark between Luke's teeth. "We don't have a lot of time. It'll take a few moments to take effect."

Clary stared worriedly at Luke as he slowly calmed. "What's happening to him?"

"Random werewolf transformation." Magnus stood back up. "It's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite."

Luke was unconscious within seconds and Clary stayed by his side, a concerned look stretched on her face. Simon stood a few steps behind her and Magnus left the room to gather a few things.

I slipped off my jacket with an irritated look on my face at the blood stains all over my leather jacket. I ran my free hand through my hair and my eyes caught Simon, who was examining the blood stains on his palm from Luke's blood.

He took a glance around to make sure no one was looking, missing me by a quick second and then his tongue escaped his lips.

And licked the blood.

"What was that, mundie?" My stare was fixed on Simon and I watched him flinch at my voice. I gripped my jacket tightly in my hands and my eyes remained glued to him. "Curious?"

Simon glanced at me and then shied away, walking towards Clary and attempting to comfort her before he could get further called out.

It all made sense in that moment.

"The bark will stop the transformation for now, but— Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system." Magnus entered the room and dropped a ton of items onto a table already filled with enough things. "And I don't have all the ingredients here."