Lucifer's Pride

The star of the early morn, shining brighter than any other. He was the favorite of the Creator amongst hundreds of thousands as he danced with Fate amongst pools in the heavens. He was deeply revered for the love he had for those he considered one of his own and admired for the steadfastness he bore for his duties.

However, it was the same love that drove him against what he was created for and pushed him away from his supposed cause. Finding the red strings cut and knowing the looming punishment of their own who dreamt of freedom in love, he gave in to the sin of pride. He chose to prioritize the one born under similar stars, sparkling with the purity of Celestial Lilies. However, it was the same flower that received the unyielding flames that led her to her fall.

One by one, those from his side continued to pummel down the clouds stained with angelic blood. Each slash he made to fight for a cause only made him bleed more inside until he could no longer feel anything but wrath.

With anger still seething within his very being and with the loss of two of his wings, he began to lose ground and found himself drowning in failure for the first time since his creation. Snow white feathers were slowly inked black, tethering him, the once lofty angel adored by all, to the depths of despair reaching the land of the devils. The tears that left his now-crimsoned eyes that learned loss in the war were nothing compared to losing the seventh and the place they could call their home.

He callously wiped away the waters by his eyes as he had no time to grieve, as the first-born he had to be the light that guides those who followed him. He was to prove that while it is true that the higher one climbs, the further one will fall, he was a man who can turn that into a splendid success. 

Over the years as the horns upon his head stood and his demonic nature flourished, he continued to lose himself in his arrogance that masked his pain and grief that he kept to himself. And amidst the endless suffering he endured on his own, he was happy, but never truly so.

He only knew happiness and allowed himself to experience it when he saw your comforting gaze as you smiled back at him for the first time.

It was only then that he was able to find his new home.

A/N:
This is the abridged version of the last chapter of this fanfic! When I started writing this in 2020, I was a full-on Leviastan. Somewhere along the way including some RL problems and whatnot, I got involved with great RPers and writing cohorts and I just fell in love with Lucifer and Satan. I think it's quite fitting to end the short fic series with it as it can be a metaphor of sorts, haha.

What do you think of it and the whole set of stories? Please let me know by leaving a comment!

Thanks so much to those who enjoyed my writing and supported it in their own way. The full version can be read in my ko-fi by those who wouldn't mind donating: https://ko-fi.com/Post/Lucifers-Pride-G2G86RAEY

You can also be on the lookout for other posts on my Twitter, ko-fi, and in AO3 (user is @Merui14).

Sorry for the long author's note, I mean, this is my first somewhat formal attempt at a fanfic at my first fandom that I truly took part in, so it holds a special place in my heart. Thanks again! <3