Asmodeus's Lust

He was known as the jewel of the heavens, angels and humans alike admired and adored him tremendously. Although flattered that he was lauded for his beauty, what truly made him filled with joy was being able to help humans commit to lifelong relationships— whether they be with their partners, the Creator, or in service towards the people.

As a celestial being, he shared in the passion for guiding the humans that the Creator cared for the most.  He cherished the sanctity of marriage as it is through it that new life comes into the world. Beings created in the likeness and image of the supreme made the splendour of the universe complete and even more perfect than it already was.

As an advocate of love, he discreetly yet fervently supported her in her pursuits— despite it being contrary to the will of the heavens. He taught her what he learned about the matters of the heart, and how wonderful it was to know love through another, despite not having experienced it himself.

As a brother, he worried for her. Yet, he has also wanted her to be happy.

He should have known that there will be repercussions, he should have known that distorting the will of the heavens have unbecoming consequences; but all he knew and cared about was love. Being near the seat where fiery love for humankind burned, being too entangled with his duty, he became a fool for love; or perhaps, a fool for the notion of it in his heart.

Did he really show his love for her by enabling her outlandish desires? Did he really do it for her to experience love with a human— or did he unconsciously do it to find out if those like him could ever truly know love?

He did not take the descent lightly. He screamed in pain and groveled helplessly on the ground where he could still smell the sizzle of the burnt feathers. Two sets of wings were charred black and the remaining pair on his back became unsightly, like that of a bat. He curled up and trembled as he hid in the darkness. He was barely even a shadow of his former self.

In a delirious state, he watched the faces of those who once adored him turn into disgust. They detested how filthy he became. They chanted and chanted vile words until his ears could hear no more.

After a long time, a sweet voice then entered his consciousness. It was from a man that carried wisdom in his very breath. His kingly demeanor beckoned him as if he was a creature of beauty. He coaxed him that he not only deserves all the attention and fame he once had, but that it was also a gift he should share to all.

And so he came to his embrace, and in turn embraced others as well. He wanted them to feel the burning passion that he was not able to experience. He wanted to fulfill all the desires he couldn't obtain for himself. He was desperate and was extremely devoted to share all of the love he could ever give; so that someday, perhaps he will finally be capable of love.

He ravished all forms of pleasure for centuries and also influenced others to follow suit. The bliss was a speedy relief but could not comfort his numbed soul. He hoped that he could unearth his emotions that were long buried so he can stop the facade of only loving himself.

Maybe even someone who was now far from being a prized jewel can experience true love; perhaps someday he can even wholeheartedly say those three words.

Like the words he fondly whispered to you before you left.