Part 1

Kongpob sighed, looking at his wrist. The numbers 1,810 stared back unforgivingly at him. He groaned and dropped his head back on the sofa. This was the smallest the number had ever been and he really wanted to dash out of the waiting room. The number right now was so tangible that he could almost feel his other half.

But he couldn't because he had a job and that job required him to be on stage in less than 5 minutes. He threw a pleading look at his manager, Prae who was glaring at him as though he was daring him to try to ditch.

"I know, I know," he said exasperatedly, trying to get Prae to stop throwing him dirty looks. "The last time this happened, I ran around the mall like a psycho and the owners had put in a complaint with the company because the fans were out of control.

Prae clicked his tongue. "I'm glad you remember that fiasco. We are not going through that again." Looking at her number one artist and best friend, she too sighed as he pat Kongpob on the shoulder. "I don't want to see you in pain and disappointment again this time either."

Anyone who knew Kongpob personally would know that the man had been obsessed with finding his soulmate. While his numbers remained high, they were still a clear indication that his partner was in Bangkok, which meant that the likelihood of finding each other was still a very promising possibility.

A crew member entered the room, signaling Kongpob to prepare to head on stage. He gave another sigh before he stood up to straighten out his outfit. Clapping Prae on the shoulder, he promised, "I won't do anything silly."

The event goes on without a hitch, Kongpob actually kind of enjoying his time with the emcee and his fans. The 'kind of' part being that he kept glancing at his wrist and watched as the numbers steadily dropped downwards. He was getting progressively antsy towards the end as his soulmate GPS counter hit the triple digits.

During his last number, a quick glimpse to his wrist showed 120 and Kongpob struggled to remember the next few words to his lyrics. His soulmate was here. This was the closest they had ever been to each other. He tried looking around discreetly for anyone who might be showing the same signs he was now trying hard to conceal.

Scanning through the many faces of his fans, Kongpob sank further into hopelessness. While their faces were clearly drunk in love with him, it wasn't what he was looking for. How he yearned to run through the crowd to find the one that was meant for him. As the number started to creep upwards once again, Kongpob wanted to cry. He was going to lose his chance.

However, a quick glance at Prae and the look that clearly said NO struck the madness out of his mind. Rushing into a fan crowd was never going to be a good idea. He knew that. 'Stay calm,' he told himself, as he gave the area ahead of him another scan.

And that was when he saw him. Standing alone at the back some small distance away from the crowd, staring into the distance.

His heart palpitated within his chest and he finally realised how true all the different experiences of others were.

'You will feel like no one else exists.'

'Your world will suddenly feel complete.'

'The air that you breathe will suddenly be your other half.'

'Your heart will ache and race all at the same time.'

And here he was, feeling it all happen at once. It felt like the song he was singing was now dedicated to him and him alone. His fair skinned soulmate turned on the spot, finally facing the stage and Kongpob felt a little delirious. He was now staring right into his other half's glassy doe eyes. He wondered if he felt it too, the urge to run to him and to hold him in his arms.