Chapter 19- Favour

Talia was currently sat sprawled out on the sofa at the new compound, worrying about Peter and Tony while listening to her least favourite person ever drone on in a meeting with Rhodey.
It was safe to say she wasn't in the best mood.

"Still no word from Vision?" Secretary Ross demanded.

"Satellite lost him somewhere over Edinburgh-"

"Along with four of the worlds most wanted criminals."
Talia scoffed loudly at that.

"They're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that."

"My god Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"I don't think anyone could rival you in that Mr Secretary." Talia called over the sofa.

"Should she really be present in this meeting"
He replied through gritted teeth.
"Who sir?" Rhodey replied, causing Talia to grin.

Suddenly the doors beeped open and in walked six familiar faces, albeit slightly different appearances.
She quickly got up to face them.

"Mr Secretary." Steve Rogers greeted,

"You've got some nerve." He spat at them.

"You could use some of that right now."
Natasha countered, causing the dark haired girl in the corner to snicker.

"You think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight."
Talia almost flinched at the mention of Tony.

"Arrest them."

"All over it." Rhodey replied grinning easily, before Talia moved like a blur, launching herself at Natasha, gripping her in a tight hug.

"I missed you." They both said at the same time, before laughing, "I like the new look Nat, and you Cap," she said pulling back, "loving the beard on you."

"I think you guys look great." Bruce interjected, announcing himself to the room, instantly plunging it into deep tension. "Yeah I'm back."

"Hi Bruce."
"Nat."

"Ahem, right. So this isn't awkward at all." Talia cleared her throat as she moved to greet the others.

"So awkward." Sam echoed.

~

Talia rolled her eyes in protest, "Vision you are not sacrificing yourself."

The remnants of the old team had gathered themselves to discuss the actions of Thanos, and the next step, as the alien army grew ever closer.

"We don't trade lives Vision." Steve shook his head.

"Captain, 70 years ago you laid down your life to protect millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because," Bruce interrupted, "You might have a choice." While he explained the possibilities of removing the stone from Vision, Talia's stomach flipped slightly in realistion.

"Could you do it here Bruce?"

"Not me, not here" he admitted regretfully.

"You better find someone and someplace fast then." Rhodey added.

Talia groaned audibly, causing to the others to look at her, "I might know somewhere," she admitted.

She reached in her pocket to get her phone, swiping it open, she clicked onto contacts and selected:

Shuri

"Hey Shu-"
She was immediately cut off by the princess's excited babbling, "Yes, yes I'm going to be coming back, .... yes you can tell T'Challa ... Yes....No...SHURI."
She interrupted, slightly amused, before her face tightened, "Tell your brother we're going to need a big favour ."

~

"Alright people let's move it, onto the Quinjet" Steve ordered, organising the team as Sam prepared the coordinates Talia had given them.

"Hey Speedy, there's nothing there... just, rainforest?"

Steve and Talia shared a knowing glance,
"Just do it Sam, what are you afraid of, some leaves?" She poked him grinning and he just rolled his eyes, "Okay, strap yourselves in then, could be bumpy."

"With you flying it always is." She muttered under her breath, causing Wanda's worried face to crack into a small smile.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Talia called back, before moving to sit next to Wanda, "Hey, how've you been, I missed my favourite redhead."

Natasha went to make a sound, before Talia grinned at her, "Not my fault your a blondie now."
She just stuck out her tongue in response.

"I'm okay actually, well ...we've been great to be honest ." Wanda smiled softly, gesturing to Vision.

"I'm glad to hear it."

"What about you, anything new in your life, it has been a couple of years after all."

Talia made a small noise at the back of her throat, almost like an mhm, causing Wanda to raise an eyebrow, which just made the girl sigh.
"There's a lot of new things, some of them to do with me, and others I'm not so sure about."

"To do with you?" Wanda wisely chose to avoid the "others" that had made her friend frown so deeply.

Talks grinned, her eyes flashing so quickly to a burning amber hue, that Wanda thought it was just a flash of the light.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

~

"Drop to 2600, heading 030." Steve advised, walking to stand next to Sam in the cockpit, peering out the window.

"I hope you're right about this you two, or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to," Sam grumbled.

Talia rolled her eyes, "Just punch it old man."

Sam scoffed, but began his descent, heading straight for the thick undergrowth that had once fooled Talia,  only to fly right through it and the invisible dome that protected Wakanda, allowing them all to lay eyes on the bright Golden City of Birnin Zana.

Talia let out a loud breath.

"I thought you'd been here before, why were you stressed?" Sam quipped.

"It wasn't getting in that scared me."

It's who was in there.

And somewhere in the near distance, the White Wolf looked wearily up from his new vibranium arm at the Wakandan King, and simply asked,

"Where's the fight?"

"On it's way."