Lunch

The next day, Chongyun waited at his and Xingqiu's usual spot for lunch; Wanmin Restaurant.

The ground was still wet from the storm, and Chongyun hung his head in shame when he remembered the thoughts that came to him the night before.

What would Xingqiu even think of him if he found out?

It was disgusting. Unnatural.

What would his family think?

Heck, even the spirits might run away even farther than where they normally would from his pure yang spirit.

Speaking of yang, Chongyun hoped Xingqiu wouldn't try pranking him with spicy food again. That would be bad.

As if summoned by thought (hopefully not), the exorcist heard a familiar voice call out, "Hey, Yun!"

Chongyun looked up to see his best friend (not for much longer if he found out how inhumane he was) jogging over to him.

"Oh, hi." Chongyun managed a smile. "Ready for lunch?"

"But of course!" Xingqiu giggled a bit, took the exorcist's hand, and strode inside.

The two boys waved over a waiter and ordered.

They found an empty table outside, and sat down. Their food was brought over shortly after. 

"So," Xingqiu began, biting into his salad. "The storm last night. Did you sleep alright? I know you're a bit afraid of that stuff."

The concern in his gaze made Chongyun feel even worse. "Yeah. I slept well actually," he lied.

"Really? That's a surprise. I was scared you'd be hiding under your bed, telling the cockroaches how much you wanted to fall into my arms," the bookworm joked. 

Chongyun frowned.

Xingqiu continued after another bite, "Though in all seriousness, Yun, I'm glad you're alright." 

He smiled his stupid, warming, pretty smile and touched the other boy's arm comfortingly.

Chongyun's stomach did one somersault. Two somersaults. 

He was getting nauseous.

"I-I'm not hungry anymore. You can have it."

And before he could process what he was thinking, where he was going, what he was doing, Chongyun ran.