Confessions

It was quiet for a moment after they pulled away.

A comfortable quiet, where you aren't sure exactly what to say. But it's okay because you're both at a loss on what to do, or think. 

So you just sit in silence, for a few moments.

Chongyun likes those quiet moments. They let him sit and think. Without anyone bothering him about evil spirit sightings. Without the bustling crowds of tourists in Liyue. 

Just silence.

For a bit.

But alas, all good things come to an end. Although this time it was okay, since the silence was being broken by his best friend. Maybe something more soon, considering the moment they just had?

No, no, you can't think that, not yet. Maybe he just did that to make fun of you. To tell Xiangling afterward.

"Chongyun... I've had feelings for you for a really long time. You're my closest friend, and I don't want to change that. Just, please tell me the truth. I promise I won't ever talk to you again if that is what you wish, but I want to know if the way you feel about me is the same as the way I feel about you."

Chongyun couldn't speak. Is he lying? Why is he saying this all of a sudden? But...

"Xingqiu, I... I have feelings for you as well. I just realized yesterday, that's why I've been so distant today. I-I'm sorry, I don't want anything to change, either."

And then the boy he had been crushing on for years, the boy he had come to get used to, the boy whose smile he cherished oh so much wrapped Chongyun in a warm embrace.

A comfortable embrace, one he couldn't get enough of.

And they sat there, in silence once again.

Held in eachother's arms.

Just sitting there, under a tree, under the stars.

Together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats it, ty for reading :)) votes and constructive criticism are much appreciated!! :D ~milo