The Russian Soldier

We were driving for hours, just driving to where Nat was directing me as Yelena sleeps peacefully in the back. Over the course of my journey, I looked back at the blonde sleeping, smiling to myself. Nat caught me a couple times and just sent me a sly smirk, making me roll my eyes. We've pulled up in the middle of a field, empty except for a rust bucket of a plane. I park the car in the field, Yelena waking up as I put the keys in my pocket.

" We're here." Nat says as she opens the door, walking toward the very old Hungarian hospital plane.

Once we get closer, a man comes out of the jet, hands in his pocket as he waltzes towards us.

" I said we needed a jet." She says.

" Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time. Or money. I'm not made of jets." He says, his British accent coming through.

" I thought you where supposed to be the best. Like a real pro." Yelena says.

" Oh, I bed your pardon, tsarina, was the free flat and life time supply of Kissel not to your liking?" He snarks.

" Ha, that flat wasn't free, I was living there, so I don't know how on God's green earth you thought it was yours." I say and he gives me a weird look.

" Oh, I'm sorry, who are you?" He asks with sarcasm.

" Don't piss her off. She's the most dangerous out of us all. And I very much like you alive." Nat says as we now are stopped in front of him.

" She's kidding ,right?" He anxiously laughs, pointing to Nat but looking at me.

" I don't know. Is she?" I question with a smirk, to which he gets very uncomfortable under my gaze.

Let's be honest, I was never gonna hurt him or anyone but it's fun when you're intimidating to mess with people.

" Where's the rest?" Nat asks, getting his attention as he looks to her, clearing his throat before grabbing a duffle bag from the plane.

He then puts it on the grass and opens it, showing us it's contents. Yelena looks into the bag, finding a cereal bar in there. She immediately picks it up and opens it, taking a bite.

" Oh I stashed that like, five years ago. How is it?" Nat asks as Yelena chews it like sawdust.

" It's dry. Really dry." She says as she walks into the plane, having a look around.

I'm not to long to following in as we just look around. It's nothing much, some chairs, headphones, two benches in the back. It's not bad.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear a loud thump at the entrance. I turn around to see Nat throwing the duffel in and closing the door as she takes a seat in the pilot seat.

" Buckle up kids. We got a long way to go."

————————

We've been flying for a while so I decide to take a nap. I take off my jacket and fold it up to use as a pillow as I lie down on the bench, putting my arm over my eyes. I take a deep breath and then release, letting myself rest.

" How long have you been out? Out of their hold?" Yelena asks me.

" Two years. I escaped their hold on a mission. It wasn't supposed to be that long. You see, after a certain amount of time, their hold slips. That's why we never go on long missions. Too scared to loose us." I say and she nods.

" How long are you out?" I ask.

" Only since the day I wound up in your apartment." She shrugs, making me move my arm and turn my head towards her.