S2E1: Shoot! Not My Day ...Come Rain or Shine (Part I)

ACT I [EXT. / CHEETAH RESIDENCE (CROP FIELD) / MORNING]

Within the lush, thriving Chadian savannah lies a vast crop field -- one that appears to be not-so thriving by comparison. The only things grown here appear to be multiple loud speaker poles, spread apart in rows/columns. But occupying the empty field lies two crop workers, both making quick work in sowing seeds. "Quick" as in "Hella quick".

Umeme and Radi blitz across acre upon acre as they each carry a bag of seeds, seasoning the ground with them like salt. As one bag empties, it is immediately replaced by another and put in a huge pile of empty bags. Neither speedster shows any sign of slowing down -- at least, not until the last bag has been emptied.

Umeme: ...

Radi: ... [glances at something for a second]

In mere minutes, all the bags have been emptied, as the cheetah and peregrine make their way out of the crop field and toward two separate piles of empty bags. Both of which look staggering in number, but when it comes down to it...

Radi: [gets a good look at his pile] Mmm oh yeah. I totally won.

Umeme: Said the guy who wasn't keeping count. I emptied out the most bags.

Radi: Hey -- feel free to double check, but the numbers ain't liars.

Umeme surrounds the piles in a speedy cyclone, starting from his own to Radi's. After less than a minute, he stops back over to Radi.

Umeme: [points at his pile] 1,260 [points at Radi's] 1,259.

Radi: ...

Radi cyclone-counts as well, finishing in roughly the same amount of time as Umeme.

Radi: ... You got lucky.

Umeme: Either that or you got distracted.

Radi: (scoffs)

Back at the rondavel house, Umeme's grandmother appears from her upstairs window balcony (with a microphone stand placed there) getting a gorgeous view of her soon-to-be lush field.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIES: Asiatic Cheetah

AGE: Early 60's

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

OVERALL DESCRIPTION: Much like her grandson, she shares a few visual attributes. That being bumblebee yellow fur, streak-like spots, tear marks below her eyes, and 6 black rings on her tail. Similarities aside, she has wily flowing hair coated in cream white, same goes for her underside and 5 tail rings. In regards to her attire, granny bears a long boysenberry dress with asymmetrical sleeving (left sleeve is detached). And as for accessories, she wears a necklace and arm ring, both of which are raisin purple.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umeme and Radi speed their way up to the roof and lay on top of it, not too far from where she's standing.

Yumna Ebony Cheetah: Finished so soon, boys?

Umeme: Couldn't keep the audience waiting, now could we?

Yumna: Hm, I suppose not.

As Yumna walks over to her microphone stand, she takes out what seems to be an ordinary fula flute. After polishing the tip, she begins to play a rendition of one of her favorite songs. Fuuta Jaloo - by Afroflute. As she plays it into the microphone, the music emanates all throughout the crop field via the speaker poles. Within moments, the enticing sound of her flute begins to affect all the seeds. As if having a will of their own, the seeds are shown budging and jumping about. This occurs briefly until they get a good feel of the ground they're laid on. As the music continues, the seeds begin to burrow themselves deep into the ground. As soon as they've been planted, something truly eye-catching takes form.