CHAPTER IV

CHAPTER IV — never meet your heroes

CHAPTER IV never meet your heroes

BATMAN, IN KIRAN'S NOW CHANGED OPINION, WAS A BIG, FURRY-DRESSING DICK!

She grunts as she hits the training floor's mats for the nth time that evening. Her whole right side is bruised from the amount of hits, slams, and shoves Batman had delivered to the whole of it. His deep, raspy voice said something about her right side being weaker, which Kiran thought was bullshit considering she was right handed, and then proceeded to target it any time she did something. Especially her torso.

Her ribs were bruised. And, listen, Kiran loved the burn of a new bruise, used to poke and prod them to make sure she was still alive, especially when her world numbed around her, but this was a whole new level. One she didn't like.

Still, she was competitive, and wasn't quitting until she got him down. It doesn't even matter how she did it, she just needed to. Kiran had the distinct feeling that Batman was looking down on her, and god did it make her want to punch his scowl off of his face.

She smacks the mat in anger, growling under her breath as she lifts herself back up to her feet, her muscles and side screaming at her to stay down. Spite pushes her to hold her fists up, but not stalk forward as blows the fly-aways from her messed up ponytail out of her face. Clark had been able to grab one of the domino masks from Black Canary, whom Kiran's sad she didn't get to meet her, and helped her secure it. There was also very important instructions on how to remove it that Kiran listened to, then asked Clark if he could text to her so she had them.

Batman stood in front of her, and Kiran wasn't sure if he was looking at her with the way his cowl's eyes were whited out, or if he was sharing a look with Clark, who was standing off to the side observing. Kiran didn't look over at Clark, mostly in fear that she would get smacked in the back of her head again. Batman had already done that once and he didn't pull his punches. Or, if he was, he was one strong motherfucker.

They circle each other, Kiran matching any move Batman makes as to not give him an obvious advantage. She's sure he's already planned a hundred ways to take her down and her whole body ached. But to hell if she wasn't going to get at least one hit in. She's been in enough brawls to at least get one hit in on the goddamned Bat. Though, she does see why every thug in Gotham, at least the more sane ones, are scared of him.