CHAPTER II

CHAPTER II — what a fucking cringe-fest

CHAPTER II what a fucking cringe-fest

KIRAN STOPPED SCREAMING, THEN LET HER FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSE CARRY HER OUT OF THE BATHROOM, HER WET FEET SLAPPING AGAINST THE FLOOR

KIRAN STOPPED SCREAMING, THEN LET HER FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSE CARRY HER OUT OF THE BATHROOM, HER WET FEET SLAPPING AGAINST THE FLOOR. Then, Kiran remembered she was broke and couldn't waste water how she was, so she made her way back into the bathroom to turn it off. She also checked to make sure that her shower curtain rod wasn't wrecked when she threw herself out of the shower, glad when she didn't find anything more than usual. With a sigh, she grabbed a towel, wrapped it around herself, before making her way back out, holding her hand up to block her sight of the mirror so she couldn't see herself.

She could still see the faint glowing from her skin regardless.

Her mother would have said she was working herself into a tissy as she paced across her apartment, holding the towel up, wondering how the fuck this happened. Kiran knew she was normal. Had to be normal or she would probably be locked up right now. Hell, Kiran would even say she liked being normal. She had never been good with pressure and being a hero seemed like too much of it. And that's what this felt like, a fucking hero origin story.

Kiran ran a hand down her face, wondering what the fuck could have caused this. Was it the almost death thing? But why would that make her glow? Because she was glowing. It was getting brighter, just like the ship had. Holy fucking shit, the ship! It had to be!

Kiran stopped at the thought, knowing she figured it out. God, she was so smart when she wanted to be. Kiran hates herself a little bit for wanting to go to a bar and then drink herself until she forgets that she's actually glowing now. Which, staring down at herself, she's going to have to figure out how to stop that. She can't plausibly go to work and then deny she was at the scene of the Lex Corp. warehouse explosion. Not to Lois and Clark, at least.

Does this mean she has to become a hero? Kiran finds herself grimacing at the thought, frowning deeply. She forgets to eat most days, how the fuck is she supposed to take care of other people in the way heroes do? She can't stop herself from listing all the reasons why she would be a terrible hero: she's broke, she's not a good people person, the power might go to head, she's not very good at hiding things, her moral compass is out of whack, she doesn't want to be. With all those totally valid and great reasons, Kiran vows that she's going to do what every person, except maybe Clark, Lois, Asher, Lily, Jimmy- okay, she vows to do what she'd normally do, and ignore the problem until it becomes unignorable and then scramble to right it before it was too late.