CHAPTER V

CHAPTER V — connections

CHAPTER V connections

KIRAN STARES AT THE TARP WITH GRACIE'S ART ON IT, COFFEE IN ON HAND, PHONE HELD TO HER EAR IN THE OTHER

KIRAN STARES AT THE TARP WITH GRACIE'S ART ON IT, COFFEE IN ON HAND, PHONE HELD TO HER EAR IN THE OTHER. Asher was talking about his day yesterday and Kiran could hear the exhaustion in his voice as he ranted about some of the idiot people at his job. She let him rant, knowing he needed it. Despite the fact that he basically ran the company their parents had left behind, as well as inheriting all the stocks they had in several companies. They had wanted Kiran to have nothing to do with it, to which she was grateful for now. If she had inherited any of it, the money would have been spent on things that would have furthered her spiral.

And, as much as Asher didn't want to be the public face of a company, he was good at managing everything their parents had left. Plus, he had a figurehead that was a stand in for him at events and such that acted like he was the CEO.

"Did you fire him?" Kiran asked, after Asher had stopped his story about one of his workers doing his job so terribly that everyone on his floor had called HR. It's not something that Asher even entertains the thought of it with really problematic employees. Kiran wants to be in the room when Asher takes such people into his office and reveals that he is, in fact, higher on the business food chain than just a guy who is usually tired and is hopped up on five cups of coffee by eight a.m.

"I had Cecil give him a warning," Asher sighed, and Kiran could very clearly picture her brother pinching the bridge of his nose. She knew he stressed about the affairs of the company nine times out of ten and wants to keep everyone in a safe and easy work environment, and she also knows he has done that, but he also probably gives people way too many chances. Probably because he has someone like her as a sister. "But enough about that, what was your Friday like?" In a smaller voice, "Did you try going to the bar?"

Kiran snorted, taking a sip of her coffee, "No, Clark and I went to this cool high-tech gym he has a membership to. I'm sure Lily and Lois will fill me in on any work related drama that happened at the weekly bar visit if I ask." She's avoiding the real reason he asked the question, turning away from Gracie's art. It's gorgeous, with a blend of colours that didn't make everything look flat. If Kiran had more of an eye for that kind of detail, she's sure she could explain something about planes and dimension and other things. But, she had no art critiquing experience, so all she could say as that it as fucking fantastic.