➷Chapter-4➹

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I sat there as I let the silence engulf me, Heeseung knew him, why didn't he tell me about him?

"I know what you must be thinking right now, he must be having his reasons, and we aren't even friends, we barely know each other." Dr. Park took a pause and then continued.

"I was his senior in high school, I left South Korea for education purposes. I came back to Seoul a year ago. One of our mutual friends called me and told me that Heeseung wanted to book a session with me. He didn't even tell me about it in person, we talked on a call. I am telling you this because it concerns you, let's get back to the therapy?"

Dr. Park calmly explained me everything and I gulped a lump of air dryly, trying to process it.

It honestly wasn't a big deal that he knew my brother, I just probably wanted to stretch the topic and also to get the spotlights off me. Mostly just buying some time to prepare myself.

Now that he went back to focus on me. I had to full fill the purpose of my visit.

"Let's not directly go into a deep dive and instead warm up first, yea?" He revealed and I breathed at more ease.

"How would you describe your relation with you family?" He asked me and my throat tightened up, and I finally felt like I should get few things off of my chest.

"I- am adopted. I don't know about my real parents nor do I remember anything about my childhood, all I know that my mom and Dad are the best parents I could've ever asked for. Not even for once did they ever consider me as someone adopted or differentiated me from my two big brothers. I am very grateful to have them in my life."

I smiled from ear to ear after I thought about them, I don't know whether I would be alive or not without them.

Dr. Park made a shocked expression, I am sure he didn't expect that coming out of me. I also realized that it was much easy to share things with him.

"Heeseung was really worried about you when he called me, he is a very caring big brother." He put up a reassuring smile on his face, he was somehow doing a great job at comforting.

Well, that's actually his professional attitude, it's his way of dealing with the patients. Did I mention that he had an angelic smile? That must work wonders.

"Do you think your nightmares are related to your past?" He hesitantly asked me and made that serious lets-go-into-a-deeper-dive face.

I found my voice and tried to pour out everything that was going on in my life. "I honestly don't know- I told you about that small boy who appears in my dreams. I think he's somehow related to my past, but my brother thinks I am crazy. I know he's mostly just worried about me and he doesn't want me to think about my past."

"I see, that's important. I am glad you're finally opening to me. Everything you tell me will be taken into consideration. I want to let you know, that I am here to help and that would be only possible if I know more about you." Dr. Park stated in all seriousness and then cracked up into a smile.

"Maybe we can take it slow and steady, one thing at a time. Now tell me, are you curious to know what happened to you in the past or do want to rather forget about all of it? I know this is abrupt, but this question plays a significant role in your therapy."

"I am not sure- I am curious I won't deny that but I am also scared. I don't want my curious nature to cause any harm to my family." I anxiously replied to him.

Even though my parents provided me with the utmost care and attention. I was quite inquisitive when it came to my real parents, I wanted to know why they left me, was I a burden? I wanted to know about my childhood.

Whenever this topic of my past or my childhood came up, their faces turned white as if they don't want to talk about it ever again. I couldn't question them; they would tell me when the time comes. That's what I thought and convinced myself for all these years.

If it hadn't been my nightmares, I would've kept that curiosity in depth of my heart but now it was strangling me. I needed to know the truth, that too without hurting them.

I didn't want to take my parents for granted, but I couldn't help but do exactly same. I was afraid I might lose them too just like I did in the case of my real parents. Maybe I was a cursed, I didn't deserve their love.

"I understand, you just don't want your parents to worry about you. But they don't want to see you in this state, right? They want you to be happy. You can explain them neatly and can come to some conclusion. I would be here to listen you out or I could even try to change their mind if you need me to do that. For once think only about yourself and how to make it right, okay?" Dr. Park said in a soothing tone.

I felt so relaxed after talking to him, why did I faint last time again?

He stood up from his chair and stretch his hand the direction of the curtains, "Now you can lay down on the bed."

"Huh!?"

[A/N]

This chapter is important because it explains HeeJin's relations with her family. I actually did quite a research on psychologist and related stuff.

Do you know that if you want someone to trust you and confine in you, you'll have to give them a reason to do that. If you open up first, maybe they'll trust you bit more.

Just something I learned ^^

Btw what do you think about this chapter?

Vote and comment your thoughts <3

Love ya, see you soon!