Thirty-Two

"This is fucking crazy." Juan chuckles, his hands on my belly as our baby kicks over and over.

I giggle, amused by the amazement he's feeling. Being that Juan has been away on tour for most of my pregnancy, moments like feeling our baby kick still blow his mind every time they happen. "I know." knowing how much these little moments mean to him, I woke him up as soon as the kicking began.

"We can't wait to have you in our arms, campion." Juan says into my belly, kissing it before he backs away again.

I pull my shirt back over my belly, and smile. "Speaking english to him? That's a first." I say.

"We want a bilingual baby, don't we?" he chuckles, sitting up beside me.

Laila returned to Hawaii a few days ago, and Juan will be home for a few more days before leaving again. This'll be his last time in LA until it's time for him to come back home for the baby's birth.

I laugh lightly, resting my hands over my belly, the kicking still there, just a little lighter now. "Okay, so I have a confession." I say.

"What's your confession, mi amor?" he asks.

"I woke you up because of the baby kicking, but I'm also craving McDonalds...like really bad. I want chicken nuggets." I drum my fingers over my belly, looking at him for an answer.

He laughs, reaching for his phone to check the time. "You're craving McDonald's at almost three in the morning?" he asks, the look on his face praying to God that I'm kidding.

"Mhmm." I nod slowly, biting back a smile. "And I know you'll drive me to get what I want because you're the best husband ever." I reach over for him, giving him a tight hug and kiss. "Right...?"

He grins, rolling his eyes playfully. "I can't argue with that." he kisses me again, beginning to get off the bed. "You coming with?" he asks.

"Of course." I nod. "I'm not staying in this house alone at three in the morning." I say, shaking my head quickly.

He chuckles and nods. "Alright, just let me change really quick."

"Do you think I need to change?" I frown, looking down at what I'm wearing. I'm wearing some maternity pajama shorts and one of Juan's  t-shirts, that has gone from being extremely baggy on me to almost suffocatingly tight. Still, I refuse to wear anything but his t-shirts to bed. They used to be my favorite thing of his to wear, and I'm not about to let this baby stop me.

He shrugs. "Not if you don't feel like it. We're not getting off anywhere."

"But do I look presentable?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smiles, walking over to me. "You look more than presentable to me, bonita. You look gorgeous." he says, taking my face in his hands gently.

"According to your standards, I'd look amazing in a garbage bag." I smile, rolling my eyes. I kiss him and push him away carefully. "Go get dressed."

"On it, boss." he nods, saluting me playfully as he turns towards the bathroom.

***

"I don't think we've done this since we first started dating." I tell Juan as we sit in our driveway, eating our food.

He looks over at me, confused. "Done what?" he's still chewing, so he covers his mouth with his hand.

"I don't know, spent almost the whole night up, just talking." I look down at the box of chicken nuggets in my lap. "And eating junk food." I add, using my foot to kick the gas station bag full of chips and candy I had Juan get before we picked up our food.