3: Funeral Of A Friend

A few weeks had passed as the three walked into the small church near their homes. Today was their best friend's funeral and the friends were dressed in all black, an everyday look for Jensen. They were dressed nicely, but the boys didn't have a suit and tie.  Adora had a will that she renewed every few years, in case she died young. 

In it, she had specificly requested that no one wears suits and ties. Adora hated it. She didn't understand why they would wear it. 

So everyone dressed in shades of black grey and a hint of white, still in a bit of a fancy way. Jensen was wearing a black skin-tight shirt, dark skinny jeans, and the dark leather jacket Adora used to love. Amell matched his friend's outfit, trading the leather for black denim. 

Meanwhile, Syd was wearing her black slacks, a band shirt and a thin black cardigan with trumpet sleeves. She was wearing the shoes and necklace Adora had given her for her birthday. 

"Never thought this day would come so soon." Jensen commented, putting a comforting arm around Syd's shoulders. She chuckled, "Appearantly, she did." pointing at Jensen's outfit, referring to Adora writing a will at such a young age. 

"Yeah..." The boy looked down, "I always thought she was wicked for that." he gave his friend a soft smile. Sydney returned it as the boy spoke up again, "How're you holding up?" they started walking toward the building- House of the Lord, or something like that, Syd thought, before responding. 

"I'm okay, as far as that goes. She was my best friend, you know? I shared my life with her, now I  feeling like I'm living as half a person." she gave her friend a half-hearted, sad smile. Jensen gently squeezed her shoulder, "It's gonna be okay, you know. It's like, be in love. You do everything together, to the point where everything reminds you of her. She becomes a part of you, and suddenly breaks up with you. You thought it was going to be the end of the world. You look around your room, realising how much stuff, pictures and presents are from her. It hurts, but you know you have to move on. Eventually, you're not in love anymore and you're somewhat okay. You know you still care about her, but you also know you can live without her." 

"Yeah, but I was never in love with her." the girl teases, knowing that's not what he meant. He chuckles, but says nothing. 

As Amell comes back, having grabbed something from his car, Sydney makes one last remark, "I thought being in love was supposed to be great." she laughs, Amell joining the two as the small group walks into the familiar church.