Misconceptions.

Chapter 5

“___”

All Rights Reserved

Naomi & Nelly

~*~

Kahlan’s POV

I looked around to see if anyone was around the gates and since it was deserted, I slid through the small hole in the metal fence, ducking my head so my hair wouldn't get caught in the claw-like strips.

I let out a relieved sigh. I was finally out of this damned school! Away from Zane, away from his Bimbo girlfriend, away from these psychopaths that were nothing like me! I didn't have to be here! I didn't want to I shouldn't have been here!

I looked down at myself and raised my eyebrows. It was a weird choice for clothes but I could rock them. It was a long white dress, its sleeves reached my wrists and were ruffled at the end. I had white silk sandals and the dress was surprisingly so thin that you could see the color of my skin.

I began walking down the lonely paved road and shivered as a cold breeze wrapped around me. Trees began wilting, their beautiful green leaves falling to the ground turning to ashes, and the grass as green as it was seemed to be orange, a deathly color.

A ray of light blinded me as I looked up at the now grey sky and squinted my eyes. It seemed as if birds with flashlights and white wings were coming down towards me. But they weren't birds.

Something deep inside of me twisted and churned, I had to run away from these huge orbs of lights with wings. I didn't know why. I just knew that being here, alone, on this road was dangerous.

As they came closer, they also became clearer and now I understood why I had to run. These beasts had humongous green eyes, dark green eyes without any pupils, and teeth like those of sharks. I shuddered, unable to move.

They opened their mouths wide, sickening clear slime slid down their jaws as they looked down at me. Their white wings began to turn black, slithering and shrinking into slimy wings while their eyes turned from their beautiful green to the sickening orange, similar to that of the grass that surrounded the road on both sides.

I looked down at the floor trying to see why my feet wouldn't budge, but they simply chose not to move. My heart began to beat faster, my palms began to sweat, and I twisted in the same spot to see if there was anything I could protect myself from.

Then those beastly creatures were feet away from me, digging their swords into my heart. Arrows began to pour down like rain and I squealed like a little girl. If I could have at least dropped to the floor and covered myself I would have chances of maybe surviving...but not even that could I do.

I closed my eyes as I finally dropped on the ground, hitting the cold pavement with the side of my head and shuddered, waiting to feel the excruciating pain of their daggers, swords and even arrows sinking into my skin.

I squinted my eyes shut, still waiting for the pain but felt nothing. Instead I heard the loud noises of metal clanging against each other. I slowly opened my eyes to find a very small Ellie standing in front of me with a metal sword, that reflected the rays of the sun and her dark blue eyes, eyes that did not belong to her.

She snarled at the beasts that looked a lot like the descriptions of demons and swung her sword around. It seemed like she was having an erotic dance in battle.

Ellie’s eyes began to shine a bright grey, almost white, and she ducked her head as a demon reached for her throat.

Almost too fast for me to grasp, she cried out as a sword slid through her chest and out her back. Ellie dropped on her knees, her hair fell around her face, like a black curtain, hiding her eyes and as I reached for her, a demon’s face popped in front of me.