Chapter 8 - The Gift of Love

A few days later...

Location - Martha's Place, Kitchen

Your POV

"You want my help to make cookies for Lisa-chan?" Martha asked one day while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, if you don't mind, of course." I said.

I wanted to make something sweet for Lisa, just to show my appreciation for her. The reason why I picked cookies is because I already had experience with making them. I learned a lot just by watching Lisa the first time, but I am a little worried that I might put a little too much frosting again, which is why I needed Martha's help.

After asking her and thinking about it, Martha gave me her answer.

"Of course. I would be happy to help you out." She said and gave me a smile. 

"Really? Thanks Martha-san!" I said and began to hug her.

The two of us walked into the kitchen and got out the necessary items needed to make cookies. I was surprised that Martha had these items, I almost thought for sure that we needed to go to the store and buy stuff, but I am glad that is not the case.

"Alright (Y/N), make sure not to create a big mess in my kitchen, or else I would get upset and have to clean everything myself." Martha warned. 

"No need to worry, I promise to be careful." I said and two of us began to make the cookies for my Lisa.
______________________________________

Ten minutes later...

Martha and I were able to get a good amount of cookies into the oven. I would hope that Lisa will like them once they're done. As we were waiting, Martha had to know...

"What made you decide to bake cookies for Lisa-chan?" She asked.

"It's because I love her so much. She's always been so kind to me that I wanted to do something nice for her in return." I replied. "A special girl like Lisa deserve a special gift like this."

Martha smiled at me.

"You've grown so much since you first started dating this girl, I am quite proud of you." Martha told me.

"You think so?" I asked.

"I know so. You just keep being yourself, alright?"

"Alright, I promise I won't let you down."

After a while, the cookies were done baking. There weren't as many cookies when I was doing this with Lisa, but it was fine. After all, she was eating these, and no one else.

As Martha took them out, we waited for them to cool off for a little bit, then we began to put the frosting on it, and this time, I made sure not to put too much frosting on it.

At last, the cookies were done, and the two of us were amazed by how well they came out. The only thing left for me to do is to give it to her.
______________________________________

The next day...

Location - Station Entrance

Entering the next day, before going to CiRCLE, I asked Lisa to come meet me at the park before she had to meet up with Yukina for something important. I was starting to grow nervous about seeing her, but I can do it. Just give her the cookies and leave. Sounds simple, right?

At last, Lisa came towards me, and she was holding a small box in her hand. I'm now wondering what's in it...

"Hi there, (Y/N). Sorry for keeping you waiting." Lisa said as she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"It's no problem at all." I replied. "I'm just happy that you were able to show up."

"Well, when you told me that you had a surprise in store for me, I knew I had to come see you as soon as possible." She said. Sounds like that Lisa is willing to do anything just to be with me. She really is the best girl I have ever dated.

"Heh, that's sweet of you." I said, feeling a little embarrassed.

"So, what did you want to give me?"

"You'll see." I said. "First, hold out your hand."

She held out her left hand, and I placed the small bag on it. She saw it, and opened it. When she saw the cookies, she was left speechless.

"(Y/N)... did you... make these by yourself?" Lisa asked while looking at me.

"Kind of. I did had a little help from Martha-san." I replied.

"Well, you both did a good job." Lisa said and took a bite.

After taking a bite, her face began to light up.

"Oh wow, this is really good. You learned a lot from when you baked cookies with me." Lisa praised as I start to blush and look at the ground.

"Well, I did had an excellent teacher to teach me." I said. Now it was Lisa's turn to feel a little embarrassed, then I changed the topic.

"So, umm... what was in that little box I saw earlier?" I asked.

"Oh, this? This is actually for you." Lisa said and gave it to me.

I opened the box to find two matching bracelets inside. One bracelet was a dark blue, and the other was a lightish pink color.

"Bracelets?"

"That's right! One for you, and one for me." Lisa explained. "That way, we can match with each other, and think about one another if we're ever apart."

I guess that is one way to look at it. All the same, I took out the bracelets and put one of them on my wrist, and I put the other one on Lisa's. Then, I began to let out a small laugh as I realized something.

"Hehe, what are the odds that we would get something nice for each other?" I asked.

"Yeah, and especially on a normal day at best." Lisa replied.

I guess at this point, it doesn't matter now. I was happy with my gift, and Lisa was happy with hers. You could say that this is nothing more than a gift of love.

To be continued

A/N: Here is chapter 8, and this chapter was one of the chapters that wasn't in the original. I hope you guys liked it, and see you next week for a certain two-parter.