Chapter 5

This chapter continues from chapter 3

Eva's POV

I sighed.

Just then I heard footsteps behind me. It was Mark. I immediately blinked away my tears and took a deep breath. Just as our eyes met, I looked away. He ignored me and walked ahead and I followed him to his garage. He looked around at all the twenty cars he had and finally selected his black Ferrari.

He tossed me the keys and waited in front of the passenger side for me to open the door for him. I went and opened the door. I closed the door after he sat and jogged to the other side and got in and buckled my seatbelt. I looked at him and he wasn't showing any movements to put on his seatbelt. I sighed.

"Seatbelt, boss," I said without looking at him and getting into my bodyguard mode.

"I don't need it" he brushed me off coldly. I sighed.

This Idiot never cares for his safety! Urgh!

I sighed and undid my seatbelt. I then leaned over him and reached for his seatbelt and felt him become stiff as he looked at me in surprise. And I was lost in his beautiful orbs.

Why is he so beautiful!!!? His kind of beauty should be illegal!!

My heart rate picked up when his breath hit my lips. I licked my lips and he didn't miss the action as his eyes darkened.

Before I'd do something stupid, that I would regret, I buckled him up and pulled back, buckling myself again.

"Are you comfortable, boss?" I asked.

"I'd never be comfortable with you, Evangeline Stone!" He gritted out.

With you, always!

That used to be his answer.

I knew he was trying to hurt me and it was working.

But it hurt me, even more, when he called me with Stone. Because he knew it was my fake surname. It almost felt like he wanted to prove that whatever that was between us was just as fake as that name and that had my heart cracking as it bled.

"Destination, boss," I said clearing my throat, not looking at him.

"IA Shipments" he replied in a  monotonous voice. I quickly turned on the GPS, ignoring the pinch in my chest at that name. I turned on the ignition, reversed the car, shifted the gear, pressed on the accelerator, and we were off.

It was really silent. Neither of us talked. I cast a look at Mark and he was already looking at me with a frown. My heart rate picked up.

"Anything wrong, boss?" I asked, ignoring the chaos that was happening inside me just because of his stare. My face was emotionless as always.

When he remained silent for too long, I looked at him again.

"Why are you here, Eva?" He spat out. I looked away immediately, shifting the gear and increasing the car speed a bit more.

"I didn't know it was you, that I was going to work for" I replied not revealing my feelings.

They were not needed anymore.

Because he didn't need me anymore.

"Of course!" He scoffed. I made sure not to reveal my facade as I focused on the road. And we were silent again.

I then slowed down the car slightly and took right, following the GPS. I shifted the gear and stepped on the accelerator. It was all good till a few moments. Suddenly a few people with their faces covered jumped in front of the car. I immediately stepped on the breaks.