Chapter 10

Six Years Ago

Mark's POV

Electricity coursed through my body as our lips pressed against each other. I pulled her impossibly closer and moved my lips against her slowly. She fisted my shirt as I took her bottom lip into mine. I cupped her chin and deepened the kiss. I sucked and nibbled on them and she released a small moan as she kissed me back. Her lips tasted so sweet and felt so soft as I caressed them with mine. I gave it one more suck before pulling back.

I rested my forehead against hers as we both panted after that mind-blowing kiss. I lifted my eyes to hers and found her cheeks flushed and pupils dilated. I smiled softly as I caressed the corner of her lips with my thumb. It seemed to snap her out of her daze as she immediately pushed me away.

I frowned as I stumbled back before balancing myself. I looked at her running her hands through her hair with a frown on her face.

"T-This shouldn't have happened," were the words she said before disappearing from the kitchen.

I just stood there as rejection filled me. I knew she felt the sparks that I did, and was just as lost as me in the kiss. But for now, I let her be. I sighed and walked to my bedroom with the kiss replaying in my mind.

*****

Right now we were in the car, on our way to morning practice. Eva had been ignoring me since she saw me this morning. Even now, her posture was stiff as she focused a bit too much on the road.

"Angel, about last night-"

"It meant nothing." She cut me off coldly.

"Yah! How can you say it meant nothing huh?! I know you liked it!" I smirked.

"No, I didn't." She refused immediately.

"Liar, liar, pants on fire~" I sang and she shot me an annoyed look before turning back to the road.

I sighed before turning serious.

"Angel, please give us a chance. I promise you won't regret it. I really like you!" I said softly holding her hand on the gear.

"Oh! For god sake! Stop it!" She pushed my hand away, "Stop acting like a kid! I don't feel the same about you! Last night, it was a mistake! Nothing else! I don't have time for these silly things!" She yelled. Hurt filled me as I processed her words.

"Stop the car," I whispered.

"What? I can't! We are nearing the signal and there is traffic-"

"Stop the car." I tried again looking at my lap as tears filled my eyes. "Please."

I heard her sigh before she pulled over to the side of the road. I immediately opened my door and got out and started walking ahead. I heard a door opening and closing behind me but I didn't stop.

"Boss!"

I paid no heed to it.

"Boss!"

I didn't stop. And then I felt a hand wrapping around my wrist and turning me around.

"Where are you going?!" She asked frowning. I just shrugged. She sighed before letting go of my hand.

"Look, we can't be together. I am your bodyguard. This is not right." She explained.

"Okay" I shrugged again and turned back again.