ten, 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⊱ ─────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER TEN!

rosalie

❝ ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑖 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢? ❞

Rosalie knew that Hermione had meant well, but that didn't stop her from being upset with her. Harry had been the owner of the best broom in the world for a few short hours, and now, because of her interference, he didn't know whether he would ever see it again. Rosalie, Ron, and Harry were all positive that there was nothing wrong with the Firebolt now, but what sort of state would it be in once it had been subjected to all sorts of anti-jinx tests?

Ron was furious with Hermione too. As far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand-new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage. Hermione, who remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the Common room. The twins and Harry supposed she had taken refuge in the library and didn't try to persuade her to come back.

Rosalie didn't want to leave Hermione alone, even if she was mad at the bushy-haired girl, she was still her best friend. So when the boys refused to hang out with her again, the redhead went to Jocelyn and Andrew for help. The two reluctantly agreed and all went to the library, seeing Hermione with her nose in a book, as always. Hermione was sceptical of her best friend's new acquaintances, especially of Andrew, but eventually gave in. The four had fun together, but it wasn't the same without Harry and Ron, of course. But Hermione was thankful that at least Rosalie was willing to hang out with her, even bringing two more friends for her.

All in all, they were glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again.

Classes started again the next day. The last thing anyone felt like doing was spending two hours on the grounds on a raw January morning, but Hagrid had provided a bonfire full of salamanders for their enjoyment, and they spent an unusually good lesson collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing while the flame-loving lizards scampered up and down the crumbling, white-hot logs. The first Divination lesson of the new term was much less fun; Professor Trelawney was now teaching them palmistry, and she lost no time in informing Harry that he had the shortest lifeline she had ever seen.

"Still looks quite ill, don't you think?" Hermione whispered to her best friend after the first DADA lesson had finished. "What do you reckon happened to him?"

"I don't know," Rosalie shrugged, frowning. "Do you have any idea?"

"It's pretty obvious, don't you say?" Hermione gave her a look as the duo left the classroom, seeing Harry and Professor Lupin talking.