Chapter Four.

After I got off the phone with Octavia, I turned to Scott in the driver's seat of my car, "This is the place?" 

He nodded, "Who were you just on the phone with?" 

I narrowed my eyes, "Not important." I heard Scott's heartbeating increasingly fast. He was about to get out of the car before I grabbed his wrist, "What game are you playing with me, McCall?"

Scott shrugged, "No game. I just want to go." 

I sighed, "Okay then." I didn't believe him. 

But I got out of the car. We were at the reserve. 

Deep into the reserve. 

Scott and I walked almost a mile until we stopped in front of a tree stump. 

I scoffed, "Is this a joke? Scott, where's the Nemeton?" 

Scott huffed and tucked his hands in his pockets, "This is the Nemeton." 

I tilted my head, "T-this is a tree." 

Scott sucked his teeth, "A tree that held power." 

I shrugged and turned back to the tree stump, "And if this is the real Nemeton, then it still does." I placed my hand on the top of the stump and watched my hands glow gold. 

I felt the leftover power from the Nematon rush into me as the wind blew around me. 

The leaves beneath my feet flew away. 

Once I drained all of the magic, I turned to Scott, "Okay. Now, we can go." I walked past Scott as he stared at me in shock. 

Once we got into the car, he turned to me, "Okay, what was that?" 

I shrugged, "What?" 

Scott sighed, "All the power from the Nematon has already been drained." 

I looked at the ignition and then watched as the car started, "Nah. You see, when a person has power- take you, for an example. Your power leaves you the moment you die, right?" Scott was about to speak before I put my finger in his face, "Wrong. You'll always have a bit of power left until someone strong enough to take it, takes it. It's the same thing with sources as well." 

Scott raised an eyebrow, "Sources?" 

I kicked my feet over the dashboard, "The Nemeton. The power got drained, sure. But the power within the power... that's like the icing on the cake. Call it a loophole if you must." I then dangled the car keys in front of Scott's face. 

He took them and put them in the keyhole of the ignition, driving us back to his house. 

~

Once we pulled up to the McCall house, Scott turned to me, "Do um, do you want to come in?" 

I chuckled, "I'm good, Scott." 

Scott huffed, "I'm sorry. I don't really know what to expect from you. Are you a good guy? Are you an evil guy? Are you my enemy, are you my friend?" 

I shrugged, "I'm however you see me, McCall. You have to figure that out yourself. But I can assure you, I'm no bad guy." I allowed my eyes to glow blue as I smirked, "You don't want me as an enemy either." 

Scott widened his eyes, "You see? That's what I mean! One minute, you're all sweet and innocent. Next, you're all villain-y. And I don't know which side to believe." 

I sighed, "Believe what you want about me. But everything I do is for a reason."

He raised an eyebrow, "And yet, you still won't tell me. Who were you on the phone with earlier?"