Chapter 13

**Ranboo's POV**

I haven't been able to speak to Tubbo or Philza the past couple of days without it being suspicious. They've been guarded recently and have a force field over the prison because of the upcoming war. Luckily all of the warriors from across the realms have been called back to help prepare, meaning no prisoners have been taken and killed.

It is suspected, by our spies, that the Overworld and Nether army will reach here by sunrise. The entire Kingdom is on edge and honestly I am as well. Even though they have been corrupted, these are still my people.

I have been making sleeping potions and lots of them, just in case I need them. I don't think I can bring myself to kill someone. I just can't. These sleeping potions will make sure that I don't have to. These are also what's going to help me break Phil and Tubbo out tonight.

"RANBOO!" I flinch slightly at the loud tone and I put the potion in my bag and work on a strength potion instead to not arouse suspicion.

"Y-yes father?"

"The prisoners will be moved inside the walls today. We can't have them escaping. I want you and Punz to retrieve them immediately."

Damn what are we going to do now? "Yes father. Right away." Looks like my plan just got moved up. I start walking towards the portal where Punz should be stationed. I breathe in deeply. I have to muster some authoritative confidence. I take one last deep breath as I walk through.

"What are you two still doing here!? Haven't you been listening to the plan at all!?" I yell as loudly as I can.

"W-we were told to remain here until just before sunrise." Foolish stutters out.

"By who?"

"General Wilbur your Highness..." Punz says nervously.

"Well General Wilbur hasn't been attending as many meetings as he should then. He has been away on official business and just recently returned so he's clearly misinformed! Fine. I won't report this to the King." They both seem to let out a breath. "Help me grab some materials from our force field room and we'll be returning back to the Kingdom to prepare."

They both nod and I push a button revealing a large room that is surrounded by a force field. All of our necklaces begin to glow and we enter.

"W-What do we need sir?"

"I need your necklaces." I turn around and grab the potions.

"What-" I throw the potions at them and they instantly fall down and are now asleep.

"Sorry guys." I feel bad, but this is war. A war that Tubbo and I can't afford to lose for the sake of the entire world. I grab the necklaces off of them. And I leave, making sure to close the door. I start making my way towards the prison knowing that it won't be guarded by anything but a force field because Punz and I are supposed to be there.

I open the door and Philza and Tubbo are there. "Okay, I got you both some necklaces. Let's get out of here." I unlock the doors and hand them each a necklace.

"I was worried you weren't going to come back for a while there big man." Tubbo says while smiling at me. Probably relieved that I am here.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't get away. And then I had to go knock out some of Wilbur's guards and-"

"Wait Wilbur's guards?" Philza speaks up.

"Oh... I guess you wouldn't know. Wilbur is the General of the End Kingdom's army."

Phil just smiles. "He's alive..."

**Wilbur's POV**

Where are those fucking prisoners. Punz should have returned with them by now. It's almost sunrise!

I run to the prison and open the door. They're gone!? What the hell? But... But they're not back yet. And there's a force field over this prison. How did they escape!? Shit. The King is going to be angry.

I jog to where Punz is stationed. "Where the hell is he? PUNZ!" I hear very muffled shuffling from behind the wall. I push the button that opens a door and walk past the force field. I didn't expect to see my guards getting up off the ground looking like they just took a nap.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

"W-What happened?" Foolish asks while looking around. He looks up and immediately gets up as he spots me. "I'm sorry General. We... We were tricked and our necklaces have been stolen."

"By who?!"

**Foolish POV**

I think for a moment. I look at Punz and he seems to be thinking the same thing I am.

Things need to change.

"W-we don't know sir. They snuck up on us." Punz says. Wilbur looks extremely angry.

"Snuck up?! SNUCK UP?! You are lucky I don't kill you both! You incompetent fucking-" he stops and turns around and walks out of the room. Shutting the door. We're stuck behind the force field.

We hear Wilbur go back through the portal. "Ranboo better have a good plan, or we just secured our deaths." Punz says and I nod in response.