Chapter 21

**Ranboo's POV**

Schlatt walks up to Tubbo and before Tubbo can react, he puts a sword through his chest. "NO! TUBBO NO! SCHLATT YOU BASTARD!" I run harder than I've ever ran. I feel pain spreading throughout my whole body. Why couldn't I have woken up 10 minutes earlier!?

The firework explodes and I run by Tubbo's side. "No! You are NOT dying! YOU'RE NOT!" I scan my eyes over him, over his lifeless form. His body is covered in his own blood. There's blood on his lips and his eyes are staring off into the distance. Those aren't the eyes I know. He's missing his glow. His beautiful, Tubbo glow that could solve the world's problems if he wanted to. "You're a part of the prophecy. You're not meant to... Phil...." I look up to Phil, asking, pleading for him to save Tubbo. He kneels down and checks his pulse. He checks if he's breathing. He seems to gulp before he reaches towards Tubbo's eyes slowly, shakily and places his hands over them, closing them. "No.... I don't believe you.... Tubbo! Wake up!... Please" I shake him as I cry, "I need you." I cry into his lifeless body refusing to say goodbye.

Phil puts his hand on my shoulder, "Ranboo we need to go. It's not safe here."

"No!" I yell, "I won't leave him!"

"He's gone!" Phil yells as he grabs both of my shoulders. "He's gone son..."

I feel myself shaking as Phil pulls me into his arms. "He's part of the prophecy. It's not his time... It's not.."

"He fulfilled his part. He prepared you, gave you confidence and helped you realize what you need to do." He looks me in the eyes. "You know what you need to do." I glance at what used to be Tubbo one last time before I nod. Phil pulls me towards the last bit of light that remains from the light of the moon. I try to keep my eyes forward and not look back. I can't bare to look back. I've lost so much, but why him.... Why... "Ranboo you have the power inside of you, just let the moon be your guide."

I look up to realize I'm standing in the moonlight and Philza is talking to me. I look down at my skin. It's covered in blood and I know that not all of it is my own. I still feel shaky. I look up to the moon before closing my eyes. I feel the light of the moon empowering me, returning my strength. I take a deep breath as I imagine fixing it. Fixing all of it. I need to end this fighting. I need to end this war!

**Third person POV**

Ranboo's body begins to glow white as he transforms into a beautiful, perfect balance of white and black, dragon, not unlike his father. He's not his father though. He has more love and leadership than his father could ever hope to have! Phil watches as Ranboo flies up into the air roaring proudly as he swoops back down. Ranboo begins destroying crystals one by one.

"ENOUGH!" The End King yells. One crystal remains. Father and son on both sides of the crystal. "This is the path you choose?" Ranboo simply glares at the corrupt king. "Then you have chosen your demise!" He swoops towards his son at full speed, ready to breath fire at a moment's notice. Ranboo flies at full speed towards him as well, but he's not aiming to kill, he's aiming to free everyone. Their bodies collide and the king shoots Ranboo in the neck with a fire ball. Ranboo let's out a loud screech as he lets his body fall. He falls down towards the pillar. Just as he's about to hit it Ranboo creates a fireball of his own and releases it. "NO!" The King yells as the fire collides with the base of the crystal, destroying it. Ranboo falls to the ground and hits it, still groaning in pain.

The red glow of the crystals are no longer present, but three new lights have appeared. One is the light of the moon that glows brighter than ever before. One is the white glow of Ranboo and the final one is the bright purple glow of the End King.

The King changes back into his other form while in the air and falls. He screams as he falls into the void. The people from all three kingdoms recollect themselves, realizing that the extreme anger that they had felt had disappeared. 

Philza runs to Ranboo's side who now remains his simple, loveable self. "Ranboo are you okay?" He checks his pulse. It's beating... His heart is beating! He picks up the boy and hugs him.

Ranboo begins to stir slowly. "Ugh Phil. Pain."

"Sorry mate. I'm just- I'm just happy you're alive."

"Is... Is it over?"

"It is. You did it. You've won. Everyone's confused and scared. Lead them. You are the only one that can." Ranboo nods at his father figure and allows him to help him up. Phil helps him as he limps towards the crowd of people. Everyone has gathered together now, all three Kingdoms, united by tragedy.

They all look to the dragon turned man. "Friends. Some of you may not know me, but I was Prince of this Kingdom. We have lost many loved ones today. Many of us forced to kill our own loved ones!" Phil thought about his son. He thought about Tubbo. He looks to Ranboo, the only one he had left. "It is Kingdoms that tear us apart! Who knew that we were all capable of committing such brutal acts?! Anger is a disease that only comes when one is forced to affiliate with some kind of concept. No more should we pick sides! With my father gone, due to the act that I was forced to commit, I have become king. I relinquish this duty! The End Kingdom shall be no more! King JSchlatt is gone and his son, Tubbo... My friend..." Ranboo tries not to choke on his words. "He is gone as well. Killed at the hands of his own father. I ask that the crown be relinquished for that kingdom as well! As for the Nether Kingdom..."

"You don't have to ask. I relinquish my crown and my title." Technoblade speaks up and Ranboo nods to him. "You're right. Choosing sides has made us evil, but this doesn't mean that this world doesn't deserve a leader. A true king! I propose that Ranboo, the son of the moon goddess and heir to the End throne be named King. King to us all!" Technoblade bows.

"KING TO US ALL!" The crowd repeats and the all bow as well. Ranboo looks out at the people, overwhelmed. Ranboo looked out at the ashes and destruction.

Life taken by the call of war,

Souls overlooked and forgotten.

Not all those are lost,

From the ashes the era of tranquility shall begin,

A light from the shadows shall arise,

And he who has a true heart shall be King.

Technoblade is right... It has to be him. The one with the true heart shall be named King... Ranboo thought to himself. "I accept your offer and promise to be the true king that the world deserves." The crowd cheers, happy that they all get a chance to start over.

Ranboo steps away and looks at Phil. "I'm proud of you Ranboo. I'm so proud of you." Ranboo smiles a little before he puts his head down slightly, thinking about him. "It's bittersweet though isn't it?" Phil says and Ranboo feels his eyes begin to get wet. Phil hugs him. "I'm sorry that we couldn't save him. I know he's watching over us though."

Ranboo nods, "yeah... Yeah I know. I just wish he could have been there to see it end."

"He is here. Don't worry." Phil smiles and Ranboo smiles back.

"I'm glad I finally get to call you King Ranboo. You deserve it." A voice sounds and both Phil and Ranboo look towards the voice.

"W-Wil.... You're alive...?" Phil says in utter shock.

"Next time you plan to kill someone old man, make sure they're actually- actually dead." Wil says, still groaning with pain, holding his abdomen that has been lazily bandaged.

Phil doesn't hesitate hugging his son. He cries into his shoulder. "I thought I lost you."

"Can't get rid of me that easily... Dad."

Phil feels the tears falling down his face. He looks at his son to make sure he's not dreaming. "Let's fix your bandages and find Sally. Everything is going to be okay from now on. Ranboo made sure of that."

Ranboo smiled at Phil's compliment. It was still hard to believe that he did it. He won.