Chapter 16 - Last move

[A Couple Hours Earlier]

The group began to ski on ice, closing some space between the magician.

"Someone needs to get his attention before he gets away!" Kirishima yelled.

"I'm on it!" Ashido assured, redirecting her acid to meet in level with their fleeing enemy.

While he paid attention to the part of his clothes that was ruined by the student's quirk, Kirishima took action.

"Hey! Give me a lift Todoroki!" He directed with haste, to which his classmate responded.

He hardened his fist as he was sprung from ground level, prepared for the result of being rewarded their friend back.

"You've caught up to me this fast?!" Compress acknowledged. "Looks like we need a distraction!"

He released Toga and Midoriya from his marbles, and together the 2 of them blocked his assault.

"Seriously?! Out of the way!" Kirishima grunted, starting to get pulled by gravity.

Shoji caught him in time, but now they had another issue. 2 new villains were blocking the way that Compress went.

His voice was heard from a distance. "Please hold off for a little while you two! I promise, help is on it's way!"

After a brief wave of silence, a voice sounded.

"I thought I'd never get out of that marble," Toga muttered, slipping out another knife for her other hand to use. "Now this will be even more fun for me!"

Kirishima and Sato went immediately to disarm her, but it was easy for her to dodge them with great finesse.

Deku assisted Toga, taking down Sato while she dealt with Kirishima.

Kaminari, Ashido, Sero, Todoroki, and Shoji hesitated to move forward and help them.

"Your classmate should be long gone by now, and it's not like he's done anything to make you chase after him. So why bother?"

"Why... bother?!" Kirishima repeated, holding a part of his arm that was chipped. "Sure his attitude is off putting, but that doesn't mean we should turn our backs on him! In his own way he'd do the exact same for us!"

"H-hey! Kiri's been with Bakugou the longest. So if he says so, then must be true!" Kaminari defended, taking a few steps forward.

Toga smiled brightly, seeing the students were started to get a little more confident. "Hey Deku! Do you think I'll be able to squeeze in time for one more person's blood..?"

Deku's eyebrows furrowed, eyeing the UA students if it did come to that.

Todoroki made the first move after that time period, sprouting and ice spear with his foot. Deku and Toga dodged from opposite sides of each other.

He threw his knife at him with precision; almost like verbally commanding it to strike but not to kill. At the same time, Toga threw the tool used for blood sucking at him, leaving Todoroki trapped.

Ashido stopped the knife completely with her quirk, while Kaminari caught the tool with his hand.

"Sorry sugar! But I can't promise this won't hurt!" The electricity rod boasted, similarly to how he acted during the sports festival.

Electricity started to shoot from the quirk user, and reach all the way to Toga, her weapon acting as a conductor.

"AHH!" Toga screamed.

Already acknowledging that Toga was in trouble, Kaminari's dialogue gave Deku even more time to deliver a side kick to his stomach once he was close enough.