Chapter 7

"So that is the house" Destiny just finished showing Mikey around.
"Your parents' house is beautiful" he looked at me.
"Thank you" dad walked in "Manjiro sit down, we need to talk"
"Yes sir" he sat down on the couch.
"We're staying for this" I said and Destiny and I sat in the corner.
"So what are your intentions with my daughter?" Dad asked.
"To provide her with all the love and happiness that she'll ever need and want, to protect and provide for her and overall be a good partner for her" Mikey answered.
"Alright good answer" dad smiled "you can continue seeing her, would you like to stay for dinner?"
"If it's not too much-"
"Omg how did I forget" I shot up "Destiny quick, you have training in 30 minutes, go get ready"
"Oh yeah" Destiny ran out of the room.

"Training for what?" Mickey asked.
"Kick boxing" I replied "she'll be back in time for dinner though"
"Alright, I'll be here"
"Oh, you want to stay here and talk to my dad?"
"Yeah, he seems like a cool guy" Mikey shrugged.
"I like him already" Dad stood up "Manjiro follow me, let me show you the other guns"
"Ooo do you have a collection too?" He rushed to follow.
"Yeah, my wife is a collector of them and she got me into it" dad said as they walked out. I stood there on shock for a few seconds then shrugged it off. I sat down and waited for Destiny.
"Ok I'm back" she rushed back in with her duffel bag and and already dressed.
"Alright let's go" I grabbed my purse and we left.

~time skip~

I walked back into the house after dropping Destiny off. The house was silent so I walked through to the backyard. My parents and Mikey were talking on the patio.

They all noticed me instantly

"Hi sweetie" mum smiled "come sit" I sat down next to Mikey.
"Are you Ok?" I whispered and he nodded. I smiled as a response then looked back at my parents.
"Y/n have you ever thought about quitting your job as a university professor?" Dad asked.
"All the time yeah" I answered truthfully.
"Wait what" Mum laughed "why?"
"I've had the most disrespectful adults as my students, the lack of human decency blows my mind, but why?"
"So we were talking as your mother and I" dad started "that it is time to retire-"
"You're 50 though?"
"Do you expect us to work for the rest of our lives?"
"Well obviously not"
"Exactly, so we're handing the family business down to you" dad said "from now on L/n enterprise is all yours" a smile grew on my face.
"Wait you're lying" I said in disbelief "it's not funny to play with me like that"
"We're are joking N/n" mum said.
"So fr fr, it's all mine?" I asked "all of it?" They knew I was referring to the mafia kingdom.
"Yes, it's all yours" Dad said.

I instantly exploded in happiness. I hugged Mikey tightly and he returned it.
"I'm so happy for you" he said as we pulled back.
"Thank you" I smiled. We were inches apart.
"I swear to God, get any closer" dad removed the safety from his gun "I dare you"
"Put that shit away" mum slapped his arm lightly "but anyway, we're going to start our retirement plan now"
"What exactly is that?" I asked.
"Travelling the world" dad said "well the parts that we haven't already seen"
"We leave for Polynesia next week" mum said.
"Wait wait wait, what about this house?"
"We're keeping it, the house keepers still live here" mum explained "we're announcing it tomorrow at a little party we've planned, Mikey you're welcome to join us"
"I would love to" he squeezed my hand.