errormare - convincing

(Error x Nightmare)

Written: Oct. 17, 2021

Revised: Oct. 30, 2023

\=/

"In my defense, Cross started it," Error stated, crossing her arms as she glared at Cross, who stood next to her, equally pissed.

"I did not!"

"Yes, you did! I told you specifically NOT to touch MY chocolate!"

"It wasn't labeled or anything and I haven't eaten all day-"

"YOU ATE MY CHOCOLATE TODAY!"

Cross glared at the glitching skeleton. "Well, you should've labeled it or hidden it better if it's more important than a teammates hunger-!"

"What makes you think I care about your 'hunger'?"

"ENOUGH. BOTH OF YOU," Nightmare shouted, his tentacles shooting from behind his back to grab both of their clothes from behind and pull them apart. He stood up from his dark desk chair, both hands slammed onto the table as he glared at them in turn. Cross shrunk back, while Error rolled her eyes and huffed.

"You two are acting like children, it's pathetic," the king hissed. "I want both of you on dish duty for the rest of the month." He sounded like he was scolding a couple of children, which only served to make him angrier at being dragged down from King of Negativity to babysitter to his henchmen.

"What?!" the two exclaimed, giving Nightmare incredulous looks.

"And you are to do it together. Understand?" His tone was sharp, his words sending Cross and Error into mild fear.

"Yes sir..." Cross mumbled. 

Error nodded stiffly in agreement. Nightmare released his grip on both of them.

"Now get out of my sight," the king commanded, waving both off as he straightened up, drawing himself to his full height. Cross nodded and quickly left the study, Error following behind, grumbling.

Once Cross was out of earshot, however, Error shut Nightmare's door, turning around and leaning on it, a sly grin spreading across her face. Nightmare raised a brow.

"Error, I dismissed you. That means leave," he said slowly, sitting back into his chair.

Error nodded, sauntering slowly over to where the other sat. She stood behind his chair now, sliding her arm over the top of his chair. "Yep, I know."

"Then why are you still here?" Nightmare asked irritably.

Taken completely by surprise, he grunted as Error sat herself on the king's lap.

"I'm still here because I plan to convince you to drop my punishment," she stated smoothly, giving Nightmare a grin as she flicked his chin. The king grinned, letting out an amused chuckle. As intrigued as he was with her behavior, he didn't plan to be won over by simple touches.

"Really now?" he began, "You expect to act all seductive and touchy all of the sudden to get your way? Really, love, you're quite foolish."

"Tsk, foolish is a stupid way to say it," Error retorted, blushing heavily as she held Nightmare's chin, turning it to face her. "I prefer to call it...something like...hm...determined? To change your mind."

Before Nightmare could say anything else, Error captured him in a kiss, her hand sliding to his jacket front and holding onto his lapel - a gesture she knew he loved, but would never admit to. Meanwhile, Nightmare's face was a mess of turquoise, surprised at the sudden move, though he mentally shrugged it off and kissed back.

Finally, they drew apart, Nightmare letting out a chuckle. "I believe I require a bit more convincing, darling," he whispered, sliding his hands around Error's small waist. 

She felt her stomach do several summersaults, her heart swelling with an unreasonable amount of desire for him despite the rather small touch. Error bit the bottom of her 'lip', and shifted a bit downward, placing a gently kiss on his neck. Nightmare held back a small gasp, unknowingly tilting his head to the side. Error smirked, reaching her hand up and pulling Nightmare's collared shirt down. She trailed kisses and nibbles along his neck and collarbone, leaving no place untouched. Nightmare, despite his stoic and irritable persona, began to let out small gasps and soft moans at his lover's touch. He hated that she had such a positive effect on him - she always found his weaker points and knew exactly how to attack them. But, of course, in the privacy of his study or her quarters was where things like this took place - only in those places and no where else...

"Error that's...that's eno-ah! Fuck!" Nightmare clenched his teeth to restrain a moan as Error bit down roughly on his neck, no doubt bruising it. He could practically feel Error's smirk against the bone before she pulled away. 

When their eyes met, Nightmare gave her a glare, his face thoroughly flushed. Error grinned slyly, a giggle escaping her when Nightmare slapped her chest to push her back. "You bitch," he hissed irritably, rubbing his free hand on his neck. Yeah, there was definitely a mark. Damnnit.

"Aw c'mon, Nighty, you like it," Error purred, leaning back in to kiss the spot, causing Nightmare to let out a small sound of enjoyment.

The king had no clever comeback, so simply held Error close, burying his face in her neck. "I love it that I'm the only one who can fluster the King of Negat-"

"-Will you shut up and leave already."

"Does my sentence leave too?" Error asked, mild curiosity on her features. Nightmare pulled back, leaning close to the other's face.

"I'll turn it into a phrase, how about that?" he replied softly. Before Error could reply, he kissed the other gently, cradling the back of his neck with his hand. Error shut her eyes, melting into his touch as she pressed herself in harder. Nightmare chuckled and pulled away, much to her disappointment and frustration.

"You're a fucking tease, you know that?" Error stated, tugging on Nightmare's shirt front with a glare.

"I'm a tease? Really, I'd call you the same thing. But then again, I have work to do, and if I continued this little banter, we'd be here all day." Nightmare used his tendrils to lift Error from his lap, carefully setting her feet onto the floor.

"You're more of a tease than I am though."

"Error."

"You are-!"

"Do you want me to take back my generous offer of shortening your sentence, or do you want to keep it?"

Error went silent, turning on her heel and walking towards the door with her hands stuffed into her pockets. "Don't get into trouble, mk?" Nightmare said, already skimming through a paper that had been on his desk.

"Yeah, or what? You'll add something else to my sentence of shame?" Error retorted somewhat playfully. Nightmare looked up, giving his lover a mischievous grin.

"If you do, I might have to punish you more...directly."

Error quickly left, pulling up her scarf as high as it would go to cover her blushing face.