Chapter 5

Shikamaru's POV

I'm on my way to the boot camp with Sakura, Ino, Kiba, Neji, Naruto, Sasuke and Tenten. They insisted on visiting Shine and after she give the go signal, we made our way.

"I wonder what's going on." Said Naruto.

There are many people in the boot camp. We entered the open door and there we saw Shine looking beautiful while someone is curling her long beautiful hair.

Angelic face, shiny eyeshadow, contoured nose, rosy cheeks, and luscious not so red lips. God, I could kiss her all day.

"Hey! Come in! Make yourselves at home and eat. We're just having a photoshoot for tomorrow's game." Said their coach so we sat on the living room while Naruto went to the kitchen.

"Shine! Oh my gosh! You're so pretty!" Said Ino and Shine blushed.

"Thanks." She replied while smiling.

The photographer started taking pictures of her. I wonder why she doesn't smile and why are her arms crossed? She looked at me and smiled so I smiled back. She's so pretty that she made my heartbeat fast.

The photographer made her turn around and look to her right so he can capture Shine's jersey.

"Shine~ are you done? It's your turn for the interview." Said Hiro in one of the rooms downstairs.

"Just a few shots." Said the photographer.

"Hey sir, can we take a photo with her?" Asked Ino.

"Ino, don't. It's for their championship." Said Sakura.

"No worries. Come on, I already took the pictures I needed." Replied the photographer.

I thought it was just Ino and Sakura but they pushed me to Shine.

"What the hell." I said.

"You're her boyfriend." Said Ino.

Shine and I just looked at each other.

"Nice." We heard the photographer said. He took a picture of us while we're looking at each other.

"Closer. Put your arm on her shoulder." Said the photographer so I did it.

"Smile!" Said Sakura while chuckling.

After we were done with that troublesome event, we sat on the couch and watch Shine in the monitor doing her interview.

"Hi, my name is Isabelle also known as Shine, I'm 16 years old and I am the team captain, mage, support, and tank of Alter Ego esports." She said.

Isabelle? Where the heck did 'shine' come from?

"This is my first professional league championship. I debuted last season on the developer's league. I earned the spot because I was the MVP of the year." She said.

"This is the only MOBA game I play."

"Something that bothers me in this type of sports is the toxic community. Many players sexualize me and some of them even harassed me because I am the only girl that reached this far. I didn't let them in my head cause I know I'm better than them and the management gave them sanctions."

"I'd like the other players to get involve in sexual harassment seminars and stuffs."

"I've been with this team for 2 seasons now."

"Our training includes less sleep, faster internet, shaky and sweaty hands, and full of curse words."

"I like to remember my hard work to get this far when I'm feeling unmotivated."

"My advice to my fellow players are; be respectful, accept your loss, and don't underestimate me."

"She's on fire doing that interview." Said Sakura.

"Who the hell sexualize a woman just because she's in esports?" Kiba commented.

"Those guys who have superiority complex problem." Said Sasuke.

"Fucking kids." Neji commented.

Shine left the room and went to us.

"Hey, come with me in the kitchen, let's eat." She said and we went with her.

We are the only one here so I grabbed Shine in her wrist and gave her a kiss.

"Shine~ Oh. My. Gosh." I heard someone say.

Shine immediately pulled away.

"Julian! Shut your mouth!" Said Shine. Julian walked to us with rounded eyes.

"Since when did you have a boyfriend?" Julian asked.

"Never mind that! Just don't tell coach." Shine replied.

"You have my word." Said Julian and he looked at me.

"You, mister. Don't play with her or we'll play with you." He said and he left.

"You're not allowed to have a boyfriend?" Asked Sakura.

"It's not that. Coach doesn't want us to get distracted so he forbid dating." Shine replied.

"Why didn't you say so?" Asked Ino.

"It's not important and we're not even official. We're just playing, right?" She replied.

"She does have a point." Said Naruto who's stuffing his face.

After we grabbed our food, we sat in the dining hall and started eating.

"Hi mister! You can put those over there." Said Shine to the delivery man.

"What are those?" Asked Naruto.

"Sodas." Shine replied.

"What?! Why so many?! That looks like it can quench the thirst of the whole village!" He said.

"They are our sponsors. They paid for our jerseys and the photoshoot and we advertise them." Shine replied.

"Can I have one?" Naruto asked.

"Sure! Hell, you can take the whole pack for yourself." Shine replied.

After we eat, the photographer called Shine for the whole team photoshoot so we watched them.

"Shine should be in the middle since she's the captain." Said the guy.

"No. Cil should be in the middle since he's the core. It's called core for a reason. You don't put the core on the left. It should be centered." Said Shine.

"But you're a girl." Said him.

"So? Our positions represents balance. I don't want to be the center of attention." Said Shine.

"Pai, listen to your captain." Said coach and all of them laughed.

"Sorry coach." Pai replied.

After the photoshoot, the photographer printed all the player's copy of their photos. Shine handed me one copy. It was our stolen shot.

"Keep it." She said. I don't know why but it made my heart melt.

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. She looked around and when she didn't see her coach, she gave me a kiss.

I don't know how but I think, I'm gonna lose thegame.