Chapter 12

Shikamaru's POV

I'm currently lying under the tree and looking at the sky. It's so bright today considering that it rained so hard yesterday.

"There you are! We've been looking all over for you since yesterday!" Said Ino who's currently approaching me with Sakura.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Shine yelled at me yesterday saying she doesn't want to continue the game anymore. Did something happen between you two?" She asked. I sighed.

"I might've yelled at her yesterday." I replied.

"Why did you yell at her?!" She asked.

"She asked me if I'm okay and I said yes then she asked me if I'm sure and there. I yelled at her then she left me." I replied.

"Come on! Stand up! We're going to her. I already asked Hiro and he said that coach will be gone for a couple of days." She said and they pulled me.

When we reached the boot camp, we were greeted by Julian.

"Where's Shine?" Asked Ino.

"She hasn't come out of her room yet since she got home. I doubt she hasn't eaten anything either." He replied and Sakura and Ino just glared at me.

"Is it okay if we talk to her?" Sakura asked.

"Of course. She doesn't respond to us, maybe to you, she will." He replied then we made our way to her room.

We knocked to her door but she wasn't answering.

"Shine. It's Ino. Can we talk to you?" Said Ino while leaning to her door.

Shine didn't respond.

"Is she okay?" Asked Sakura.

I opened her door and there we saw Shine. She's laying on her bed covered in her blanket while shivering and huffing.

"Oh my gosh Shine, are you okay?" Asked Sakura worriedly then she placed her hand on Shine's head.

"She's got a fever." Sakura said.

"We better go to a pharmacy to get some equipment and medicine. Shikamaru, stay with her until we get back." Said Ino and they left.

Shine's still shivering. I decided to get in the blanket with her so she can feel my body warmth. I placed her hand on my waist and hugged her. After a moment, she stopped shivering and she breathes normally again.

She slightly opened and her eyes and she spoke.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm taking care of you." I replied. She removed her hand on my waist and moved a little away from me.

"You don't have to. The game's off." She said.

"What if I tell you that I want to play more?" I said to her.

"You can play, just not with me." She replied.

The door opened and Hiro entered.

"Hey Shine. How are you feeling? Do you want some soup?" Hiro asked in a soft tone.

"No. A coffee might be better." Shine replied.

"Yeah? Do you want caramel drizzle in that?" Hiro asked and Shine nodded.

"Okay. I'll make it for you. Get well." Hiro said and he left us.

"Shine, I'm sorry. I really am." I said.

"Go away. I don't want to see you anymore." She replied and she fell asleep.

This is bad for her. She's sick and I'm making her angry.

Ino and Sakura just came back with thermometer, a fever patch, and medicine. They took Shine's temperature and gave her a medicine. They also placed the fever patch on Shine's forehead. After Hiro gave her the coffee, we left her to take a rest and now we're just here in the living room.

"Did you talk to her?" Sakura asked.

"She doesn't want to see me anymore." I replied.

"Well, it's over. No one won. It's just over." Said Ino.

"Way to go Shikamaru." Said Sakura.

"Why me? This whole situation is drag for me since the beginning!" I said.

"You're the one who yelled at her when she was just making sure you're fine." Said Ino.

"Oh, come on! I'm out of here!" I said with a pissed tone and left them.

After a couple of days...

"Hey, Shikamaru! Did you see this?" Asked Kiba who's approaching me while handing his phone.

I looked at the phone and saw Shine's post wearing a white dress while showing an engagement ring. I swiped a couple slides and saw a video with the caption 'Save the date'.

"She's getting married already? Didn't you guys broke up just a couple of days ago? I'm confused." Kiba said.

"It means, she was already engaged when Shikamaru met her." Said Sasuke from above the tree.

"You mean, she cheated on her fiancé?" Asked Kiba.

"Or it was just a fix marriage. Who knows." Said Sasuke.

"But, who's the groom?" Asked Kiba.

"Try reading the comments, idiot." Said Sasuke.

We read the comments and some of them commented #KyySh.

"So, it's Kyy?" Asked Kiba.

We stalked Kyy's account just to make sure if he posted the same thing. His recent post was with Shine but I think it's about their face off for the grand finals. There are several photos of them just being happy and the caption is 'Are you ready? #SaveTheDate'

"He also said save the date. They're getting married?" Asked Kiba with a confused look.

"Possible but I think no. Shine's only, what? 16? Se's too young." Said Sasuke.

"I guess we have to ask her ourselves. Shikamaru, are you going with us?" Asked Kiba.

"No. Just let her. She's kinda mad at me and she doesn't want to see me." I replied.

"Oh, cause you yelled at her." Said Kiba.

"I didn't mean it!" I said.

"Okay, you don't have to yell." Said Kiba.

"You know, if we ask her, I know she'll lie to us." Said Sasuke.

"So, what's your plan?" I asked.

"I know someone who can make Shine tell the truth." He replied.

"Don't tell me you're going to send the Akatsuki to their boot camp." Said Kiba.

"No! Just Itachi. He seemed to love to annoyShine. I know Shine will tell the truth to him." Said Sasuke.