Chapter 34: Tampered Flow

Monday

And as we stated, Natsuki and I had stopped going to the club since that day and it already feels like a good while. Of course the others had alot of questions regarding this decision of ours and by the request of Natsuki we told them exactly why. No excuse, no lies, no bullshit. They had to know what happened, it's up to them now on how they take this information but from what I've heard from Sayori everyone is still going to the club.

I kept my connections with everyone else along the the guys and Minori but it's kinda been hard to talk to Yuri lately. I don't know for what reason she's been very down for the past few days and today I decided to check upon her during break.

On a brighter note I got half of my cast removed just by the wrist and now I can at least move my hand. I've been given a lot of exercises just to get it hand back in shape so it's at least some use to me until the whole thing comes off, although I'm not supposed to over do anything with my wrist obviously.

FINALLY I got myself a new phone and  because of that I can also keep track of my 'new job' more often. I texted Yuri in the morning asking how she's doing and if we could eat lunch together today but unexpectedly she declined saying she doesn't eat lunch out of her class anymore.

Sitting in class I was getting more and more concerned for her. This morning on the way to school  asked Sayori how Yuri's been in the club as of late and she was just as confused on what's wrong. She stopped talking to the others and even refused to read her new book with Monika which she was always so excited about.

"So...somethings up with Yuri?" Natsuki asked, we were in the same spare room we had lunch last time.

"Yeah well...I've been seeing her alot around school during break and free periods she just looks..lost." I say as I bite down on a small slice of cake Natsuki brought in today.

"Why is it always the people in that club ...?" Natsuki said with a little sigh.

"I know right? We just can't have a normal day anymore..."

Natsuki was playing around with a bottle cap, rolling it back and forth on the desk as we sat there and thought to ourselves.

"Hey...I remember Yuri told me that you  two did alot of sleepovers, maybe you could-"

"Ask her the next time we do?"

"Uhh yeah.."

Natsuki would lean back in her seat and sigh, "and who's to say she won't refuse that too?"

I shrug and give her a light nod in agreement and after a while the bell rang and we both slide out of our seats.

"Eh it's not like life's taking us away, we'll figure it out eventually...but we have our own problems to take care of right now."

"What?" Natsuki turned to me as we stopped mid walk to the door.

"Come on Princess...we can't just let this little grudge be the last of what our friendship has been in the club."

"Evan please...you heard her. She's not going to stop the way she's being-"

"I wouldn't return her feelings regardless but I still see her as a friend and I'd rather come up with a solution which keeps us that way than live in constant awkwardness considering she's a friend of our friends and they're kinda stuck between which side to pick."