Pragya learns the truth

Sushma's room

Abhi was quite shaken by what he saw Pragya go through. Purab offered him a glass of water to drink, but he refused.

"Woh theek to hai na Purab?" Abhi asked as Purab sat besides him, "Kuch problem hai kya use?"

"I don't know" Purab said, "par Sushmaji ne kaha tha ki she will be fine... so shayad unhe pata hoga."

Abhi nodded. "Darr gaya tha mein Purab" Abhi said, Darr gaya tha kya... abhi bhi darra hua hoon."

Purab nodded.

Sushma entered the room and Abhi got up and asked "Is she fine now?"

"She's fine" Sushma said, "Thodi der mein theek ho jayegi."

Abhi let out a sigh and said, "You know... maine use abhi tak aisa nahi dekha... I have never seen her so vulnerable. Kaafi kuch hua hai uske saath... and even Purab knows that ... but she has always fought ... not just fought, she has saved me many times ... aur use ab aise dekha toh..."

After a brief pause he asked "Hope she will be fine!"

Sushma nodded.

"And you said it has happened before?" he asked.

"Yes many times" she said, "lekin I think 6-7 mahine me aisa pehli baar hua hai. This used to happen at least once everyday when I met her. Australia jaane ke baad hi she had relief. Phir bhi mahine me ek ya do baar hota tha. Post traumatic stress."

"You mean because of the accident?" he asked.

"Yes..." she said, "but that's not the only reason. In fact she had mentioned to me one day about what you just said... ke she has been through a lot but never felt so scared... she had said that you were the reason she had the strength to go through everything."

After a long pause she continued, "there is more to the accident than you perhaps know about... and that's the reason for her ... for this reaction."

"Matlab" Abhi asked.

"She believes in something" she said, "and she has valid reasons to do so. In fact, until I talked to Purab yesterday even I believed in it."

"Kya?" Abhi asked.

"That you tried to kill her" she said.

"What?" Abhi asked.

"Like I said, she has valid reasons to believe it" she said.

'Kyun... why did you... why did you kill me?' Abhi remembered these words of hers.

"Ok... that's why she asked me why did you kill me?" he said.

Sushma nodded.

"But why would she believe that?" Abhi asked.

"Woh phone call... jo aaj subah maine tujhe poocha tha." Purab said.

"Phone call?" Abhi said "mein usi ke baare me baat kar raha tha us se... tabhi ye sab hua."

After a brief pause he asked, "Yaani she had called is it?"

Purab nodded and so did Sushma.

"Kya hua tha us phone call me?" Abhi asked.

"Abhi... not that I am doubting you" Purab said, "but ye matter itna sensitive aur important hai na ki it is important that I ask you."