Chapter Eight - A Change Begins

Y'all better thank my baby seleno_shree for literally staying on my neck till I update. Also major thanks to all of you for waiting patiently while I got myself in order. Thanks for over 80k reads. I love y'all.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Third Person POV

Its been a few days since Taehyung was hospitalised, Baekyong and Tae's manager hasn't left his side wanting to be there when he finally opened his eyes. The members have only been to the hospital once and haven't returned since then, not like the manager wanted them anywhere near the hospitalised boy neither did Baekyong.

Currently Baekyong went to a convenience store beside the hospital to get a few easy food and snacks for himself and the manager, they've been taking turns going to a nearby motel to shower and get a change of clothes.

Meanwhile as Baekyong was busy scanning the shelves for a dessert he could get for them, Tae was waking up on his hospital bed.

While the manager was busy staring absentmindedly at the window lost in thoughts, he noticed small movements at the corner of his eyes and immediately turned towards Tae's bed in time to see him  blinking slowly and lifting his fingers

He quickly ran to the bed with Tae coming to consciousness slowly with a groan, looking around the bright lights hurt his eyes and he shut them with an unhappy noise coming out of him.

The manager was quick to ring the bell indicating to the nurses that he needs their attention in the room.  In a few seconds, a doctor and two assigned nurses were in the room, checking Tae's vitals and everything that needed monitoring.

Tae could finally open his eyes and he was immediately given a glass of water because he was parched. He sat up a bit and took in his surroundings, seeing he was in a hospital he asked what brought him there.

His manager was quick to answer by his side "Tae you were involved in a little accident when you're released we'd talk more about it" not wanting to reveal the circumstances of the accident with the doctor and nurses present.

"Who are you?" Tae asked looking at the manager. Suddenly time stopped, as the manager didn't know whether to be relieved or upset. Relieved that probably if Tae doesn't remember him then he's probably lost his memories concerning everything BTS or upset because he still felt responsible for not noticing all what Tae went through that led to this moment.

At that exact moment, Baekyong walked through the doors and dropped all he carried on the floor the moment he saw Tae was awake and ran to his bed, holding his hand.

The manager and Doctor wanted to stop him since its been established that Tae lost all memories, though they haven't figured out when his memory loss starts from seeing as he still knew basic things about himself.

Only for Tae to shock them once more "Baek what happened ? Why am I here ?" To which Baek responded that he was involved in an accident more or less collaborating with what the manager explained.

The doctor then asked Tae a few more questions to ascertain the memories he lost and what he remembers after which he called Baekyong and the manager to his office to discuss Tae's situation with them and further treatments he might have to undergo after being discharged.

The doctor was able to tell them that Tae remembers all of his life apart from the past few months which is basically the time he was scouted and put in the group. His last memory was making a video to be posted on his YouTube Channel. He doesn't remember his manager or the boys or anything relating to the group but for some reason he remembers Baekyong whom he met way later after being put in the group.

The doctor warned them not to force him to remember memories as that might lead to more complications, but he was also sure that the memories would come back at their own pace, they can put him in familiar places to see if he would remember but they shouldn't force it. If he regains some memories but he's in pain, he should be brought immediately to the hospital. He gave a prescription of some pain killers and vitamins for his malnutrition saying he would be monitored for about a week before he can be discharged.

Baekyong was quick to corner the manager immediately they left the doctors office to make plans about Tae's return after being discharged. He wanted him nowhere near the Bangtan boys and wouldn't mind sharing his apartment with Tae until a more suitable solution is found.

The manager fully agreed but would have to talk with the CEO to finalise details and not knowing how to go about it because not only would he be asking for Tae to either stay alone or with Baekyong but he would also be asking for him to be pulled out of the group.

While that would be the best option for both Tae and his manager. The manager is aware that the company while Fair would also want to look at the business side of things and Tae being in the group had helped with the groups image and sales and also the scandal his maltreatment would cause if its leaked to the press.

He (Manager) can already feel the headache coming. He failed Tae once and he wouldn't be making the same mistakes. He would get him out of the contract if that's the last thing he does but just how should he go about it ?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Not me updating after a thousand years.
I've had this in my drafts since Halloween but I forgot to post it 🙃

Happy Diwali to all my Indian Readers.

May this Diwali add new colors to your life and bring lights into your life.

I might have lost the plot I initially had in mind but I've decided to continue in this direction so let's see how it goes.

Please leave feedbacks, comments and votes.

I'd try to update at least once in 2 weeks.

4th November 2021