ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴍᴏʀᴇ , ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ

❝ 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐚! ❞❝ 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮

❝ 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐚! ❞
❝ 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

[ these 2 chapters takes place through episodes 10, 12, and 13. i will have a little border to indicate which episode each section takes place through - however, i split this chapter into 2 parts as the word count is well over 10k. ]

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

»»-----ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀᴛʟᴀꜱ-----««

       ERIS LICKED THE blood that settled on her lip, yet the metallic taste left her unfazed.

       She pulled out her pendant and pressed it against her back, the weight of metal secured on her aching body once again. The weight was something she was used to, seeing as she always donned it whenever she dared to feel powerful. Wearing simple things like t-shirts and hoodies was a strange concept to her-it always felt too light, too easy and vulnerable. Any attacker could easily slice through the material and stab her heart, and the girl preferred to never let an enemy gain such an advantage.

       She rolled her shoulders backwards, and she heard pops that satisfied her for now. Her bones ached, as if they begged for a chance to rest. She would do no such thing. There was no rest for her and she trained herself to never succumb to such a rare occurrence. She wiggled her fingers and rolled her wrists, but nothing could stop her mind from planning every little move until the darling Evangeline Zhang arrived at the Arcadia bluff.

       Mere moments before, the Harbinger had returned from a fight within the sewers with her enemy-the Trollhunter himself. She remembered how fearless and foolish Jim Lake Jr. fought, how unsettling his smile was as he proceeded to fight as if he had nothing to lose. That was strange. Out of all the fighters she had met, they always fought as if they had nothing left in their pathetic, miserable lives left to lose. The truth was that there was always something lingering in the background, something waiting to be lost in the winds of infinity and the fighter would never know it.

       The Harbinger remembered how she used to spar with Arius in the cavern belonging to the Arcane Order. The elf was ruthless and relentless, and never allowed her a moment to rest before he striked again. The Order always seemed pleased with the elf's strategy-after all, they preferred a ruthless champion to one who was easier to get rid of. Magic could only take one so far and the Harbinger knew that only the strong would survive.

       Eris stood at the edge of the bluff overlooking the sleepy town of Arcadia Oaks. Her lips pressed into a line before she licked them again. The grey clouds floating in the sky soon began to gather closer and closer than before, almost becoming a blanket held by stitches made by an unseen force. She heard footsteps behind her, and the girl knew who stood there.