We Made Impromptu Plans Together

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Mondays were always full of energy at Hollywood Arts High School. The universally dreaded weekday brought a large amount of vitality to the school's musicians, actors, and creative prodigies. It's always to the surprise and perplexity of visiting district employees when they note the school as being in a constant state of wakefulness. Foregoing the usual anticipation that came with listening to friends' weekend escapades, the facility never failed to bustle with the sounds of guitars being strummed, melodies being hummed, and bizarre activities being largely ignored by peers as if they were commonplace.

Some attribute HA's peppy atmosphere to its laid-back, unconventional learning environment. Others maintain that the unique array of students keep the appeal of the school. Regardless, frequenters of the performing arts academy need only to cite Mondays as proof that Hollywood Arts is truly something extraordinary.

If Jade West had the power to alter the course of the world, she would personally seek the entity that created Mondays, stuff them into a butter churner, and spread their remains overtop raisin toast. Oh, and she'd probably do the same to the lowlife who invented raisin toast. That guy deserves to suffer for their crimes against humanity.

But unfortunately, Jade West doesn't yet have the absolute authority to terrorize omnipotent beings. So, intimidating the students of Hollywood Arts who have the gall to be so lively on a Monday will have to do.

"There she is! Jadey! Hey, Jade! We're over here discussing something random! Come join us!" Cat exclaimed from across the hallway, red velvet hair (" Like the cupcake!" ) framing her glowing face. She gestured to a cluster of three other teenagers who were also chatting animatedly. As soon as they caught sight of Jade and her signature black roast coffee, they offered a friendly wave.

Of course. Of course the group of students that can withstand Mondays with little less than a smile is also the only group that she actually tolerates at this school. What are the odds?

"Hey muchacha! How's it hanging?" André asked. The rest of the gang also chimed in with their own personalized greetings.

"It's about to be hanging pretty soon. All this peppiness is already driving me up the wall," Jade grumbled, stirring her warm beverage moodily. "So what were you guys blabbering on about?"

"We were just talking about the Autumn Jubilee that's happening in a few weeks. We were considering setting up a stand for decorating pumpkins," Robbie supplied.

"We're going to give all the pumpkins cute faces!" Cat interjected after clasping onto Robbie's shoulder eagerly, causing the teen to effectively clam up. "It's going to be so much fun!"

Jade's head subtly tilted to the side in a display of interest. Her gaze lingered questioningly on Beck, who rushed to clarify.

"We were going to invite you too, of course. We know that this kind of thing isn't usually your jam, but..." Beck trailed off.

"Really? You thought sticking sharp objects into fruit and spilling out their guts wasn't my jam? Come on, Oliver, I know you know me better than that," Jade grinned slyly before addressing the entire squad.

"I'll be there if only to see the kind of train wreck this event becomes. And frankly, I don't trust any of you to handle knives unsupervised anyway, so-"

At that remark, Beck, André, and Robbie's eyes shot up in alarm. They shook their heads pleadingly, but the damage had already been done. Cat's lip began to quiver and her brow scrunched up in denial.