Chapter 43

"You still like to bake?", asked Brian.

"Yea. When I have the time", Diamond replied.

"You got time now? I got a sweet tooth", he said.

Diamond smiled. "I guess", she replied. "Maybe you should learn so I won't have to"

"Okay. Well teach me now", he said.

"Wash your hands", she said.

Brian walked to the sink. As he did, Diamond was getting the ingredients out.

"I remember when we first started dating, you made that big ass lunch for our picnic. You had fruit, sandwiches, and those good ass cookies", he said.

"Yea, you tore those cookies up too", she said with smile.

"And Yea and then you asked you how to make them", he said as he dried his hands.

"Yea I remember that. We started but never finished", she said.

"Yea. It was the first time we made love", he said as he face her even though her back was still facing him.

Diamond kind of slowed down in doing what she was doing at the moment. She didn't know if that was what he was trying to do again or what.

"Yea. I remember", she said.

"But um what do you want me to do ?", he asked.

"Umm.."

Before Diamond could finish her sentence, someone rang the doorbell.

"I'll get that", Diamond said.

"Nah, I got it", he said before walking out of the kitchen.

Diamond felt like Brian changed and knew his boundaries but she wasn't sure.

Brian opened the door and it was Kendrick.

"Oh, hey", Brian said.

"What's up? Can I come in?", asked Kendrick.

"Sure", said Brian.

Kendrick walked into the house and as he did, he went into his wallet and pulled out some money.

He held out 200 dollars.

"What is that for?", Brian asked.

"For keeping an eye on my family", said Kendrick. "I mean that's unless you don't deserve it"

"I just don't want it", said Brian.

"Alright", said Kendrick. "I'll give it to Diamond. Where is Diamond anyway?"

Diamond walked from the kitchen once she heard Kendrick's voice.

"Hey baby", she said.

"Hey beautiful", he said as they walked to each other.

Diamond hugged and kissed him as he did the same.

"Imma let y'all get to that", Brian said in awkwardness before going to his room.

Diamond pulled away.

"I thought you were going to be busy with the whole Payton situation", she said.

"Things didn't go as planned", he replied. "I just thought I'd come and see you so I could feel a little better"

"Aww", she said she put her arms around him and smiled.

"Brian been okay?", asked Kendrick.

Diamond nods. "Yes", she replied.

"That's good", he said. "What you up to though?"

"I was about to bake some cookies with um- with Brian", she said.

Kendrick raised his eyebrow.

"I don't like that", he said.

"Why?", she asked.

"Because...every time we cook together, we end of baking something else for nine months", Kendrick replied.

Diamond didn't say anything.

"I ain't want you here for you to be all friendly and shit. I wanted you here to keep you safe. But if you gotta go somewhere than do be it.", he said.

"What? You don't trust me?", she asked.

"I do trust you. If I didn't you wouldn't be here, let alone together. I just don't really know his intentions yet. I'm taking a risk here", he said.

"A risk you wouldn't have to take if you'd let me help. I mean like come on. I'm your wife. I'm supposed to stick with you through better or worse", Diamond said.

"You have child to watch", he said.

"And you don't?", asked Diamond. "We both have that responsibility so for you to act like it's only mine and not yours is fucked up."

"I never said that", said Kendrick.

"You didn't have to. You've wanted me to quit my job and be a stay at home mom...why? So you can have some sense of control?", Diamond asked.

Kendrick touched his head. He was confused on how they started arguing.

"When I talked about that I was just saying that because there's three kids in the household. They involve a lot of time and attention. We have some busy jobs and I was just thinking that since I make the most that you —"

"But I'm not, so it doesn't matter", Diamond said.

"He put this in your head or something?", Kendrick asked.

"No...", Diamond sighed. "I don't know why I'm arguing with you. I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out. I haven't slept since I got Zara. I know I should be sleeping right now while she is but I can't because I keep wondering why you would make me come here", she said.

"...I didn't make", he replied.

"You didn't ask me either", Diamond replied. "...I already have to come here to drop Ayanna off. That's one thing. But to walk around the house and remember everything that has happened here, good and bad, it's different. I tried to forget about that. I mean at the end of the day I knew that I almost stayed with him but I thought that was apart of marriage. You have a storm but eventually the rain will stop...but the rain doesn't truly stop until you're alone", she said.

She was referencing Brian to when he talked about how things didn't better for himself until he was alone.

"What are you trying to say?", he asked.

"I'm saying that...every time we're together I have to deal with some stupid shit from these women. When I was alone I didn't have to deal with that.", she said. "...I'm not saying that I don't wanna be with you anymore because I do. I just want this to end but if it doesn't I might just have to not wanna be with you anymore. I love you, but I just can't do this crazy stuff if it continues to happen"

Kendrick didn't say anything. He just looked at her.

"Let me help you", she said. "I wanna help you"

"How's your mental state", he asked. "Because to me it doesn't seem like the best with you arguing with me out of the blue"

"I'm fine. Just let me help", she said. "The kids can stay with your mom or Vanessa. They'll be safe. More safe than they will be around me"

Kendrick sighed. "I don't know Diamond. She almost killed you", he said.

"Almost. Key word, almost", Diamond replied. "She didn't and she won't"

"..how can you help me anyway?", he asked.

"I don't know. We'll think of something", she replied. "I just wanna be there for you. I wanna go back to our normal life and hopefully you get a little less charming and nobody won't want you"

Kendrick chuckled a little.

"Please?", she asked.

"...okay. Fine. Just don't get yourself hurt", he replied.

Diamond smiled. "Thank you", she said.

TO BE CONTINUED...