It's Called Masochism

The massive gates to the cityscape training area of Ground Beta slammed shut behind the two hero students.

Katsuki's boots thumped softly against the pavement as he walked, his eyes staring straight ahead as bitter memories flowed through his mind.

I don't know what's going on with your power, but I saw the way you were using it now and I want you to know. It's seriously pissing me off.

Katsuki turned a fierce glare in Izuku's direction, causing the other boy to flinch.

I won't have a half-assed result from you like at the festival. We'll be getting individual scores in the upcoming finals. New rankings. So we'll all know exactly where we're standing. I'll show you how much better I am.

He looked away, his glare intensifying as he remembered his words towards Haru.

After I slay those two, I'm coming for you. You better give it all you got from the start. I don't care what you can or can't tell me but be ready for me to force you to spill your guts.

Why?

I'm not born of this world.

Why?

I don't even have a Quirk. If you feel my pinky toe, I have two joints.

Why?

I was born in a time of war, in a world where war was an everyday practice.

Why?

Most of my memories of my parents are of them suffering through years of constant war, starvation, and betrayal. They had no happy memories to share.

Why was he so damn weak?

He wasn't strong enough.

All the secrets.

All the lies.

All the pain.

Katsuki knew that out of anyone, Haru trusted him the most. Yet he was also the one who Haru told the least. He'd seen Haru's fears, insecurities, tears, and all his imperfections that no one else was allowed to see.

And yet he knew so little.

It wasn't the secrets about Haru's origin that pissed him off.

There was something there. Something deeper and darker. Something that was twisting and festering deep inside. Something Haru refused to tell to anyone. Even if no one else saw it, Katsuki was painfully watching his younger sibling die inside every day.

All he knew was that it somehow concerned Izuku. The look of guilt, the pain, the pity, the sorrow, the self-loathing.

Only Katsuki saw the hidden pain in Haru's eyes whenever he looked at the green-haired boy.

It wasn't because of the bullying or the times they drifted apart. It did not explain any of it.

Despite it all, Haru had always remained looking at Izuku, stood by him when needed, allowed himself to be cast off when pushed away, tirelessly patched every wound, wiped away every tear, remaining the guardian angel to the end.

Katsuki felt a sharp pain in his chest, not sure if it was because of feelings of jealously and rage something else, and ultimately refused to care. Until he could prove himself the strongest, he'd keep fighting.