Prologue

Rangiku POV

I was walking alone, lamenting what happened to Gin. "NO STOP!" A woman cried, I rushed over and found a woman backed into a corner guarding a baby from an Arrancar.

 "NO STOP!" A woman cried, I rushed over and found a woman backed into a corner guarding a baby from an Arrancar

"I DON'T THINK SO!" I shouted as I cut the Arrancar and killed it, but not before it could cut her. "You'll be alright!" I said as I ran to the young mother, "S-Soul Reaper. M-My baby, p-please don't let him be alone." she begged, "I promise, he will not be alone." I said as I held her hand, "I can't see your face any longer, but I know you are a kind woman." She said before she passed away with a soft and kind smile on her face. Suddenly the baby began to cry, I gently scooped him up and cradled him, "There there, you're alright." I said, "Wait, you're...a human!" I said in shock as he reached up to touch my face, I doubt he could see me, but once he touched my face he looked at me and seemed to calm down. "I made your mother a promise, I promised that you would not be alone. But I can't keep that promise with how you are now. I'm sorry." I said as I sat him down and drew Haineko, "With this, I shall claim you as my own." I said as I stabbed him.

"Rangiku!" The captain said angrily, "What's the meaning of this! None of your paperwork has even been started!" he scalded, "I'm sorry, I've just been so tired lately." I yawned as I sat up with (y/n) strapped to my chest, "Rangiku, what is that?" he asked, "It's a pen, I'm surprised you noticed it!" I said, "NOT THAT! I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BABY!" he said, "Oh him. He's my son, (y/n)." I said, "I don't have time for this." he said as he left.