Chapter 1

Baroda

Two people who were in the cafeteria noticed that their fellow officer was upset. Unaware of the reason and to know the same, the woman walks towards her while taking a leave from her fellow mate.

"Oh Kanchi!" she called her in order to gain attention but got no response. She paced up and vigorously tapped her shoulder, "Kahan kho gayi thi? Tabse bula rahi hoon!"

Kanchi came out of her thoughts and saw her very lovely friend stand in front of her with a scrunched forehead. She smiled looking at this wonder woman who not only is a very courageous officer but along with that is the core strength of the whole team.

"Haan bol!" she said with a mixed expression.

"Tu munh fulaye kyun baithi hai?" the lady asked while taking her seat.

Kanchi gets dejected, "Kuch nahin yaar bas meri leave sanction nahi ho paayi.." she answers feeling dejected.

Looking at her friend also feeling sorry for her, she changes her mood "Chal koi na agli baar hi sahi. Waise bhi sirf 1 saal hua hai" and saying so she dodged it away.

Suddenly she realised something and continued to ask "Naina maine toh pichli baar chuti le bhi li,  lekin tumne.. tumne toh ek baar bhi chutti nahin maangi in do saalon mein."

Naina bit her lips as she was confused on how to answer her best friend. Yes our dear Lieutenant Naina Singh Ahluwalia had no answer on why she doesn't want to take a holiday. And why would she want to? The two people whom she loved so dearly were no more with her. So, who would she go to meet?

"Koi wajah nahin milli mujhe chutti lene ke liye." Naina answered honestly with a smile. A crisp answer which she would always give to anyone who asked her about holidays.

"Aur kyun milegi wajah jab apun yahan hai!" A man who is around the same age joined them in their conversation.

Naina smiled looking at him, "Alekh!" she softly looked at him.

Yes our Alekh Sharma, our angry young man. Both Alekh and Naina are currently working together and have bonded even more strongly throughout the time.

"Acha jii." Kanchi chuckled and took their leave. "Chalo mein gharvalon ko bol deti hoon ki mujhe chutti nahin milli" she smiled as she left.

"Kya hua ab tum itne udaas kyun ho!" Naina asked once Kanchi disappeared from the frame. She could read every action and emotion of Alekh clearly and Alekh too could never hide anything from her. 

"Kuch nahi yaar. Neelu ne Parth ke kuch aur photos bheji thi subah." Alekh stated bitterly as he kept fidgeting with his mobile. He really wanted to meet his baby and the love of his life. But..!!

"Ek din Alekh." Naina held his hand and continued, "Tum dekhna ek din woh log zaroor regret karenge iss baat se ki unhone tumhe apni Raapchik Maal se milne nahin diya." Naina gave him the much needed comfort and reassurance. Naina had always been there for him and had looked out for him in his ups and downs.

There was a burning desire in her heart and she really strongly wished to go to Yudi's house and yell at his parents but then she didn't  want to create more troubles for Alekh. She remembered her Rajveer sir's words :   "Anger always creates more problems".

Both sit in the cafeteria and talk for sometime after which they go and report to their duty.
-------------------------
Nagaland

A man attentively listens to the orders given to him by his senior. He comes out of his senior's cabin and sighs heavily and starts to do his work one by one.

A captain comes in and after seeing that the man is still working goes up to him. The man gets up and salutes him "Jai Hind Sir"

" Jai Hind Lieutenant Ali, aap ke paas sirf ek hafta hai. Agar apko chutti chahiye toh sahab ji jaldi jaiye aur apply kijiye warna milne se rahi." The captain smiles and advices him to do things faster as army people rarely gets any leaves.