Prologue

HE looked at the front door of their tiny house and then again at his younger brothers .Both Punn and Gun were smaller than him ,not only in age but also in size .They were twins ,Punn was older by a few minutes though .

Their mother had died while giving birth to the twins and their father became an alcoholic after that .HE had been taking care of his brothers since he was 3 .Their father would often come home drunk, they wouldn't have anything to eat at home .

As years went by things got worse their father would disappear for days, often cominghome days later all burished and beaten up .He even started gambling and would run into debt . They had to sell their house and move into a slum .

HE ultimately gave up his studies and started working odd jobs wherever he could. You might think that child labour must be carefully monitored but no in the dark shadows of places full of light much worse things happen and no one knows or rather no one cares .However he didn't let his brothers give up studies and both of them were pretty good at it .

He had lived in constant fear that his father would one day disappear and would never return . People might say why did he care about such a father who never looked after them nor loved them but he was still their father no matter what he didn't want him dead . He never mistreated them ,he just never even acknowledged them . HE thinks his mother's death had broken his dad and all his sons looked much like their mother than him and it was something their father couldn't bear with and choose to ignore their existence.

Today however everything was going to change. He had hold onto the hope that their father loved them even a bit but today that hope shattered when he overheard a conversation between his dad and some goons in the market.

His father had again run into debt but this time with the wrong people and they had threatened to kill him .But how he negotiated with them made him want to cry again .

💚* FLASHBACK *💚

"What do you have huh ? That you can give us should have thought before gambling. Now pay up or die " said one of the goons before landing another kick on their father who was already spitting blood
HE was about to go and help but his father's next words stopped him.

" You can take one of my twin sons, they are useless anyway. " His father replied
HE felt his blood running cold. How could he say that he was their father. HE felt his vision blurring.
Even the goons seemed shocked.

"Don't look so shocked I know you people run human trafficking business. So take one of my boys they are all really beautiful, all three of them has gone after their mother " He said scoffing .

The goons looked at each other before replying " We are extending your time till midnight to find the money .After that we will come to your house and if you still don't have money we will have to take one of your sons "

The goons left his father on the street. But instead of trying to find money HE saw his father sliding up the wall of the building taking out a bottle of cheap wine and starting to drink it .

HE knew at that moment that he needed to think fast he couldn't let any harm come towards his brothers.
He ran towards their house as fast as he could trying to find a way to save the twins.
💚💚

Now he had come up with a plan . HE knew he couldn't save all of them so he decided to sacrifice himself. He knew that if all of them ran away and the goons didn't find anyone in the house they were likely to chase and eventually capture them all . HE wanted his brothers far away from them.

(Okay so the logic here is that if He and his brothers ran from the house and the goons come looking for them and not find them they will chase them down and all three will be captured. But if he stays behind he can negotiate and give himself to them as their father told about taking one of the boys )

He sighed and said " Both of you look after each other okay I need to stay here and look after father right . You two have already promised to listen to everything I say right "

The twins nodded but Punn asked " Please come with us Phi we have never lived without you "
"Yes Phi ,where do you and father need to go that we can't " Gun added
" it's a grown up people's place so you can't come " HE replied
" Then why can't we stay here and wait for you two to return ?" Gun asked
Gun was the smarter of the two .HE could understand that Gun was slowly picking up that something wasn't right.

"Because we need to sell this house baby we need the money to pay to go to that place "
Punn nodded
"Can you not go ? " Gun said in a soft voice tears flowing down his cheeks 🥺

"I will come back soon .And then I will find you both okay " HE said
"Promise" Gun said
"Promise " HE lied knowing full well that they might never meet again .

" Remember don't come back here no matter what . I will find you one day okay " HE said
The twins nodded.

" Run and never come back "
That was the last time they saw him .

What HE didn't know that he was throwing them into a world just as cruel as the one he was trying to save them from. After all he was he was just a 10 years old kid himself.

(A/N : HE is not a name I am just keeping the name of the person a secret for now also this was written along time ago so there are a lot of mistakes )