the passenger

THE SECOND ACT;
Jennie Kim

  Jennie knew how late it is, and she also
know how dangerous it is for a girl like her to drive alone, especially in a neighborhood where all kinds of sketchy people lived.
But she didn't care the littlest bit, reviving the engine and opens up the radio to at least cover up the silence in her car.

She didn't specifically like the channels this time of the night, with it playing and old jazz that makes you feel like you're traveling back to the nineties.
Paying no mind to it, her eyes trained on the road as few cars pass by.

A ringing resonate through the car averting her attention to it, not wanting to crash, she quickly focused her eyes back to the road.
With one hand on the strating wheel,
her other hand found its way to the phone pressing the answer button.

“Jennie.. don't tell me you're driving again”
The voice of her brother greeted her as soon as she answers her call,
lightly rolling her eyes at the nagging tone, “Yeah, yeah.. don't worry bro I'll be careful” she chuckles at the end of her sentence.

“Its not that- i- you heard the rumors right? about a girl who wait for someone to let her ride along, and you also know it's dangerous-” she cuts off her brothers rumbling with a whine while pursuing her lips into a thin line.

“There you go again, with that superficial shits.. relax tae, it's just a rumour. There's no ghost or some shits
that's going to kill me or somethin'”
She assured her brother with a light tone.
Knowing that she already won upon hearing the defeated sigh he released.

“Fine. Just- please be careful okay?
love you, I gotta prepare dinner first.
Drive safely sis..” the call ended after that.
She scoff after hearing the beeping line,
she didn't even get to say goodbye.
Geez, some brother she had.

After driving for a while,
she arrives at a barely lit road,
with few lamp post blinking rapidly making the already creepy atmosphere creepier.
The speed of her car increase after feeling some chills crawled up her spine,
it also didn't help that she's seemingly alone driving through the empty road.
Not a single car or vehicle in sight.

Shaking the thoughts out of her head,
she continues driving through the road while cursing her brother out loud for making her think like that.

A silhouette of a girl waving her hands came into her view as she drives near the abandoned alley,
she wonders why a girl like her had the guts to stay at such a creepy place like that. “Oh well..”.
She stops in front of the girl, now seeing her face clearly.
“Damn.. she's hot”

“Hi!.. thank gosh i found someone,
do you mind if I ride along?”
The girl spoke as jennie opened the car's window.
Her brothers warning earlier came into her mind, but she shrugged it off thinking that he's just overreacting.

“Yeah sure, wouldn't want a pretty- urghmm fellow lady like me to be alone in such a place like this.” she smiles sweetly at the girl, seeing her returning at almost immediately.
“Gosh.. my bisexual ass is flaring up again!! Get a grip Jen geez”

After the girl settled in, she quickly revived the engine while both of them converse along the way.
But she didn't miss the way how the atmosphere changed up.

“So.. why are you in that place again?”
she didn't miss the stiff posture of the girl beside her after she looks from the rearview mirror.
“A-ah.. it's actually a long story,
but my friends and i got into an argument and they sort of just- you know.. left me there and such” the previous suspicion were immediately gone as pity took over her.

“Geez.. what an asshole of a friends”
the girl, whose named is sally, just laughed it off and after that.. silence envelopes the whole car.

“Oh! Here's my stop!” Sally pointed out a space near a tree, with bench placed near it, a lamp post is also near it.
“Huh? Someone is going to pick you up?”
Jennie asked after halting Infront of the said place, she don't know why would the girl call a place like that her stop so she just assumed.

“Yeah..” Sally trailed out as she opened the car and waved at her while walking slowly to the bench behind her.
“Bye!..” was her last words after Jennie continued on driving.

Strange. Nobody was standing on the same place where she dropped Sally off,
nor was there a trace of her after Jennie took a peek on her side mirror.
Wtf?!

---

END OF
SECOND ACT;
The Passenger