Part one: suspicion

The crimson leaves crackle under the weight of my feet as I slowly walk to my car; my oasis. I promised my boyfriend I would stop overworking myself but I really need this money for college. I start to whistle the start of my favorite song that's been occupying my thoughts for the last couple of hours. I hear a quick woosh a couple feet away from me but before I could turn, it was long gone. Filled with immature fear, I tell myself it's probably just another speeding car. This road gets so dangerous at night. I turn my car on and my radio boomingly awakens, making my ears slightly ring. I jump back and immediately turn it down. I'm a very paranoid person and any little inconvenience makes me timid. I pull out of the narrow Goodwill parking lot and turn onto the fast moving main road. I drive for miles until I turn onto a quieter road. It isn't long before I hear the pitter patter of running on the left side of the car. I slightly heard the noise when I was on the main road but I quickly dismissed it. I figured it was just my mind making me hear things. Now though, I start to feel a very disturbing, heavy energy. This isn't just paranoia. This vibe is odd. I glance toward the sound but find nothing. Slowing down, I get very nervous. Who would be going for a run in the dark?